Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MPG Showing Off Time

Post Thanks / Like

MPG Showing Off Time

I've often been told that I have a heavy right foot, but the Jag just doesn't seem to care! The MPG is at 52.7 and going up all the time!! (A far cry from the last car I drove, BMW 320d - which stuck at 43.2.)

What's yours? Here's a chance to show off your skilful and economic driving!

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be helpful if you could update your sig with your car details.
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Going back through time...
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercs E320 & E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that one cannot validate their authenticity." -
    Charles Dickens

Post Thanks / Like
    well my guess is he has a 04 2.0d, as it looks topaz silver in the picture, which they stopped doing in 2005, and the 2.2 wasnt available then, for milage im going to guess 106,000

oh and mines 28.9 MPG, but i live in a town where your lucky if you get past 5 mph
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 126k Miles --

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is 62 MPG with LPG for the amount of a gallon of Diesel
    02 SE 3.0 LPG - 4G LTE - 16 Groove Nitrac Discs - Custom Suspension - RS-4 Hybrid Beam LED Spotlights with DRL - Goodridge Phantom Hoses

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to work down country lanes and giving her a good old fashioned thrashing = 43mpg
    Going to my other office which is 100 miles up the M6 = 55mpg
    2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign.
    Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing Honey has lost interest .
    Remember, one good turn gets most of the duvet !

'09 Sovereign 2.2 diesel Auto facelift saloon, Ultimate Black and Oyster.

7. Likes Tink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK here's mine. The car is running so much better and mpg has increased significantly since I had the rocker gasket and injector seals changed recently.

A: reading 59.9mpg. This has not been reset for months, I just leave it so I can see how the car is performing. This has increased from about 54mpg since having the above mentioned work done.

B: reading 65mpg. This was reset after having the above work done.

I do mainly A road and motorway driving with a bit of local trips to the shops etc.

2005 X type 2.0D SE Estate, Platinum Silver, Warm Charcoal leather with heated/memory seats, heated front screen & mirrors, auto-fold mirrors, touch-screen with navigation, Bluetooth phone, a/c climate control, 6 x CD changer, radio/cassette with aux/mp3 player input, Jag voice, cruise control, auto lights/wipers, HID headlights, headlight washers, rear parking sensors, front dash-cam, 17" Cayman alloys, 50/50 remap, fully blanked EGR....

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently hovering around 61 MPG for me on A road and motorway driving with a bit of local shops stuff thrown in and plenty of lifting and coasting. Most of the time that's with no passengers though.

Went up a few MPG after I started adding 2 stroke oil when filling up

I know it's mixing systems but it'd be nice if the trip computer could show miles per litre
    Last edited by deebster; 28-03-17 at 12:50.
    X-Type 2.0D 2004, 120,000 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    There must be some serious grandad driving going on here. I drove from west London to north Wales over the weekend in my 2.0d, 2005 with 120,000 miles.
    Mpg was 51 and that was an average speed of about 60 with 90% of the journey motorway at 80mph

Post Thanks / Like
    Amateurs. 3.0 V6 Xtype.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, 120,000 and counting, Grace and Pace..
    2004 3.0 Soveriegn Estate. Winter pack. New project. Green.
    2005 Estate X type 2.0 XS in Black. Sold.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8. My "Roundtuit" car.
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6.
    VFR800A too for when the suns out.
    Handling tips: If you see the tree before you hit it, that's Understeer: If you only feel the tree as you hit it, that's Oversteer. Close your eyes, it won't hurt honest.

Living the dream.

12. Likes Martin2 liked this post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast