Thread: X type CD changer connection

Post Thanks / Like

X type CD changer connection

Hi does anyone know what lead I need to connect a Jaguar CD changer that I have bought on eBay. It has a fibre optic lead connected to the unit but I can't see where it plugs in. The car is a 2003 X type 3.0ltr sport with a standard CD/radio head unit and Jag voice. I have had a look at some of the post's and this looks to be turning into a nightmare. I was hoping to just plug it in press the CDC button and listen to my music.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ians or Jones, and welcome to the forum.

You would do well to familiarise yourself on how the forum works and the different model sections, etc. You will get more response to your question if it was posted in the appropriate section for the year and model of your car:

http://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IansVJones View Post
    Hi does anyone know what lead I need to connect a Jaguar CD changer that I have bought on eBay. It has a fibre optic lead connected to the unit but I can't see where it plugs in. The car is a 2003 X type 3.0ltr sport with a standard CD/radio head unit and Jag voice. I have had a look at some of the post's and this looks to be turning into a nightmare. I was hoping to just plug it in press the CDC button and listen to my music.
    Hi Ian. Check in the boot on left side behind trim you would be looking for two thick black wires ( witch aren't actually wires they are fibre optic leads ). You connect yours to them if you havnt got them you will have to source some from a breaker strip out your car and retrofit them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread moved to the correct section.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide