Thread: Interior upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Interior upgrade

When I bought my XJ a couple of years back there were a few things I wasn't happy with. I've slowly been working my way through the list.

More out of annoyance at the failure of the original purchaser to spec them than anything I wanted heated seats. They specified Ivory leather for £750 but skimped on another £250 for heating.

I fitted the later one piece Bluetooth module not long after getting the car but kept hesitating or missing out on some really good interior sets on eBay. Anyway, one came along, my options colour wise were limited to black or Ivory as I didn't want to strip out the whole dashboard. Misses with my 3 young sprogs would have been even less impressed had I done that.

I stripped out all but the drivers seat to go and collect the new interior. Excellent opportunity for a good clean. Some important lessons learnt.

When you intend to remove seats make them as compact as possible. The seats from the donor car were fully extended in every direction making them a PIA to fit. For those that have not lifted one of these before they also weigh a tonne.

My car is a 53 and the donor car an 06, all the connectors are the same which is great but... as others have noted you need to swap over the passenger seat occupancy module (black box attached to pad under seat) or the airbag warning light will come on. Apparently this can be reprogrammed but luckily I had the original.

When fitting the fascia panels back to the dash push the metal clips back into the the dashboard first. If you try and fit the fascia back in with the clips attached to it you will really struggle.

I took the opportunity to replace the bulb in clock. On a forum this has been noted as a 2721/286 bulb... unless I was given the wrong one it isn't. The Jaguar part number is #02C2C3441 if you want to order it. I made my 2721 fit but the green rubber cover on the old one was melted so a Sharpie to the rescue (other permanent marker brands available). The central vents are fitted in such a way that left tab goes behind the airbag panel. The actual retaining screw however is not hidden by the air bag panel. I cut off the tab to facilitate easier removal in the future.

Currently I am waiting for my Pure Highway 300di to be delivered before putting the central console back.

Annoyingly however my heated front seats do not work. The switch lights up but no heat and they don't turn off. I suspect this is because the front electronic module needs reprogramming. Fuses etc are present. Has anybody done this in SDD?

Pics and updates to follow.
    XJ 4.2 (X350) 53 plate
    S-Type 3.0 54 plate

Post Thanks / Like
    Technical problem hit. Front and rear electronic modules need reprogramming it seems for the heated seats to work.

Local dealer says they cannot do anything that involves changing the CCF file. Spoke to Jaguar who said they cannot provide technical support or even comment without going via the dealer.

So that currently rules out those options. Within SDD how easy is it to enable these options?