Thread: disappointing service and nowhere to turn- lost faith in the reliability in the car

Post Thanks / Like

Angry disappointing service and nowhere to turn- lost faith in the reliability in the car

Hello JCR

i own a 2011 plate XJ portfolio, picked the car up from a main dealer. The car only had 15000 miles when i purchased it. i have owned the car for 3 years now. I have been doing my weekly run to London and back to the north east for the past 2 and a bit years. equating to around 600 miles a week. The car is regularly serviced at a main dealer at the required intervals and nothing is skipped as in if it needs parts - it gets the parts.The car looks great body wise and interior - i have looked after it very well, and why wouldn't i - beautiful cars i'm sure you will agree,but unfortunately, i'm now on my 5th engine, the first engine threw a rod through the block - the dealership/ warranty company asked when it was serviced - the same garage that i get the work done and serviced checked and it was them...... so engine was replaced under jaguar warranty..... gets my car back nice and clean, new engine fitted, approx 6-8 weeks later engine pipe / turbo pipe got a fault, this caused the engine to destroy itself from the inside out.......again warranty approved - engine replaced, ...........by now your all probably wondering ( what the hell)...... so lets speed up a bit as in the story not the car....... over a period of 3 years I've had 5 engines and 2 gearboxes, i'm so glad i took out the extended warranty out now

the car has now done 118k miles , i would like to say it was all a pleasure ...most of it was except sitting in a low loader all the way home on a Friday evening isn't my idea of fun, on multiple occasions.

on my way home Friday last week , i was 40 miles from home and the low coolant level light popped up on the dashboard, the car was only serviced 2 weeks ago at the main dealer- where i'm on first name terms with most of the staff. i rang them and asked what was needed , could i do it or did i have to ring jaguar assist - their advice was to check the level and if low top it up with coolant. So the next garage came up, pulled over , bonnet up and low and behold the tank was empty, well below the minimum - 1 ltr was put in, taking it to the max level, bonnet done, on my way home again.....so i thought, i was 2 miles from home, the light came back on. again pulled over, the engine bay was covered in fluid, it was a warm day so it was easy to see the liquid all over the engine bay. i managed to get home, rang jaguar assist , who visited my the following afternoon at home, he stripped the top plastics and said the main dealer need this , there was nothing he could do.

The Sunday the transporter turned up from the AA, collected the car to take it to the dealership, hire car dropped off to get me to London again.

because the car has gone over the 100,000 miles i cant renew the extended warranty again.

what i'm after is some advice from you , I've had enough of sitting at the side of the motorway, I've lost my faith in the car, the dealership can only fix it for so long and the car is unreliable for me to do my journeys. Jaguar complaints don't offer any compassion, the finance company don't want to know. what i have been told off multiple people is to get it sold, unfortunately there is still finance on it, i can hand the car back as a voluntary termination but will owe them about £3500 for excess miles, i was planning on keeping the car as it does stand out and is a lovely car...when it goes

i would appreciate some feedback on why your letting your customers down, I've tried to talk to your teams about this but nobody seems to be interested............ one thing that sticks out was how much money has been thrown at the car to get it back on the road, i was told that 2 engines and the labor charges equated to over £30,000 that is more than what i purchased the car for, surely the insurance company don't want to be throwing more and more money at this dead horse any longer.........what can be done if anything.

I look forward to your advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi stokerc.

Did you get any response from Jaguar CRC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - i did get a phone call from the customer service side at customer service office 2 days after i put this post up, disappointingly the lady i spoke to was just making sure the hire car was up to scratch - they didn't have a car available from either jaguar or land-rover as the only car they had was in the land-rover dealership and nobody could find the keys......so the next best thing was to get a jaguar car from Thrifty, the car was dropped off and used it for a week while mine was in getting more parts. The lady on the phone was just about to hang up and i asked what was going to happen with my complaints, she said she wasn't ringing to discuss this and was only there to see about the hire car. She openly said she would listen, but my head didn't think she was really interested as she would have been from another team......so really to answer your question, no nobody wants to listen, others have said they wont be interested now , its a used car, the finance company don't want to know either, i thought they may have shown some interest in the asset but nope. CRC if you see this , please please read this , take it on-board and don't let others suffer from what has happened to me,

it would be nice for even just an apology it wont really fix what has happened but something as a token , to help try mend the pains me and my family have had to suffer. I have lost faith in the car , the Brand has let me down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Truly appalling Stoker.

Post Thanks / Like
    And you're not alone. Quite frankly I wonder why Jaguar have a CRC department, they most certainly don't seem to be interested in complaints from various forums.

The last time I spoke with someone from CRC I could barely make out what the lady was saying and she could not understand what I was saying.

My polite Scottish accent isn't that bad.
    2010MY 3.0D XF Premium Luxury Azure Blue
    Plus a few others