Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBS Wheel Valve Kits.

Post Thanks / Like

BBS Wheel Valve Kits.

I have the 20" Detroit wheels and one of the little valve covers is missing, i also want a spare valve adapter, where can i buy the little valve kit in the wee pouch, online hopefully. Cheers
    2004 XKR Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi have you had a look on eBay I had mine from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine brand new a couple of months ago from Rimmer Bros., who were extremely helpful - but via telephone.

Dust Cap = Jaguar Part No. MXD6137AA @ £5.41
    Adaptor Valve - Jaguar Part No. MXD6163AB @ £14.89
    Key - Jaguar Part No. MXD6164AA @ £15.49
    Stowage Bag - Jaguar Part No. MXD6165AA @ £14.07

All prices are including V.A.T..
    Last edited by pete harrison; 09-04-17 at 19:26.
    2014/14 X150 5.0 XK Dynamic R Coupe in Italian Racing Red with Ivory leather and aluminium veneer - 15 June 2017
    previous Jaguars =
    2005/05 X100 4.2 XKR Coupe in Pacific Blue with Cashmere leather - 14 November 2016 to 15 June 2017
    2006/56 X150 4.2 Coupe in Frost Blue, Black leather - 10 June 2011 to 27 July 2013
    2004/54 S Type Sport 2.7 diesel in Radiance Red, Black leather - September 2007 to December 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought mine -rimstyle.com -£16 only sold in pairs
    so gave one to my local tyre place .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madbull View Post
    Hi have you had a look on eBay I had mine from there.
    Yeah i had a good look but i only came across a single valve adapter not the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by pete harrison View Post
    I bought mine brand new a couple of months ago from Rimmer Bros., who were extremely helpful - but via telephone.

Dust Cap = Jaguar Part No. MXD6137AA @ £5.41
    Adaptor Valve - Jaguar Part No. MXD6163AB @ £14.89
    Key - Jaguar Part No. MXD6164AA @ £15.49
    Stowage Bag - Jaguar Part No. MXD6165AA @ £14.07

All prices are including V.A.T..
    Excellent mate many thanks, those prices are respectable enough, i seen a single dust cap on ebay for £15 and the adapters for £20. I actually only need one adapter and one dust cap so i can save money and not buy the kit. Did you pay postage on top? I may see what else i need if im going to place an order.

Quote Originally Posted by Theregistrar View Post
    Bought mine -rimstyle.com -£16 only sold in pairs
    so gave one to my local tyre place .
    Was that for the adapter?
    2004 XKR Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic.bertie View Post
    Excellent mate many thanks, those prices are respectable enough, i seen a single dust cap on ebay for £15 and the adapters for £20. I actually only need one adapter and one dust cap so i can save money and not buy the kit. Did you pay postage on top? I may see what else i need if im going to place an order.
    If there was postage it did not cost very much, but these items are also available at about the same price from any Jaguar dealer which will be free delivery if collected - but they will almost certainly have to order them in.

I also looked on Ebay but what I saw at the time looked expensive and very second hand. I wanted items that were definitely going to work when I needed them, and as these original parts were not expensive it was an easy choice. I am lead to believe that when these cars were new the pouch contained 2 x dust caps, 2 x valve adaptors and 1 x key, so that is what I bought.
    2014/14 X150 5.0 XK Dynamic R Coupe in Italian Racing Red with Ivory leather and aluminium veneer - 15 June 2017
    previous Jaguars =
    2005/05 X100 4.2 XKR Coupe in Pacific Blue with Cashmere leather - 14 November 2016 to 15 June 2017
    2006/56 X150 4.2 Coupe in Frost Blue, Black leather - 10 June 2011 to 27 July 2013
    2004/54 S Type Sport 2.7 diesel in Radiance Red, Black leather - September 2007 to December 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pete harrison View Post
    If there was postage it did not cost very much, but these items are also available at about the same price from any Jaguar dealer which will be free delivery if collected - but they will almost certainly have to order them in.

I also looked on Ebay but what I saw at the time looked expensive and very second hand. I wanted items that were definitely going to work when I needed them, and as these original parts were not expensive it was an easy choice. I am lead to believe that when these cars were new the pouch contained 2 x dust caps, 2 x valve adaptors and 1 x key, so that is what I bought.
    Your right some of the stuff on ebay is expensive too. I ordered my valve adapter and dust cap yesterday along with drive belts for my xkr, the valve adapter was out of stock so it will be early next week when they should be delivered. They were too expensive for wiper blades so i gor a pair of bosch off ebay for £15. Many thanks for your help
    2004 XKR Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, solely the pair of adaptors.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.sbwheels.co.uk/
    When I had the x100 I used these people ...very good service
    Jaguar XKR Cabriolet 2006 , S Type 3.0 SE 2002

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidsw View Post
    http://www.sbwheels.co.uk/
    When I had the x100 I used these people ...very good service
    thanks for the suggestion guys but i received my goods yesterday, i can not check my tyre pressure, it isnt half a bit of faffing about.
    2004 XKR Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast