Jaguar Forum banner

My Audi Quattro

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Alec Escolme 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Taken the day I sold it: I wish I still had it!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Chocolate brown, with a metallic fleck. I was told that it was the second Quattro in the country, and the actual car featured by Motorsport in their review.
Yes, it flew, but in the manner of turbos of its day there was a short turbo lag, then it took off like a rocket!
Handling under power was fabulous, and it was very easy to do controlled four wheel drifts as long as you didn't lift off.
If you lifted off it went straight into severe understeer, and you were liable to plough straight off the road. That was the fate of many of those early cars.
Mine was silky smooth and very quiet. Also a reasonable four seater, unlike the XK!
The guy who bought it after me managed to crack the exhaust manifold within a couple of weeks, most probably as the result of turning it off when the turbo was still glowing a dull red. I was always careful to ensure that it ran at low revs for a few minutes before turning off.

#3 ·
Very nice Dave. I had three of those albeit the non turbos, absolutely loved them. Great fun to drive. Keep yours looking that good as they are appreciating in value.:mrgreen:

#7 ·
I had the Saab 99 Turbo before the Quattro. They would both have been excellent investments had I kept them, as indeed would my 2009 Land Rover Defender 90 XS: They fetch really amazing money now!

G
#8 ·
I clicked in here expecting to click back out silently, after seeing a dull modern S3 Quattro or something similar... I was not expecting the feast to the senses that is that beauty!!... Wow!!!

What a lovely car!!

#9 ·
Love the Quattro, a icon of the 80s imo.

This UR was found parked next to me in Dunkirk, driver obviously has great taste ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.