Jaguar Forum banner

Indianapolis alloys refurb & chrome rim query

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  robw1973 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My first post as having bought a 2001 x-type 3.0 sport this weekend for the wife. Love the car, in fact I wish I bought one years ago having BMW's in the past.

Anyway my question is the car is in fantastic condition except for the Indianapolis alloys, the crome trim bolted to the outside of the alloys are a little dented and the wheels could do with a refurb. Can the chrome trims be bought seperately and if so, where from?

Also can anyone recommend a good wheel refurbisher in Shropshire and roughly what cost would I be looking to pay per wheel for the above alloys

Thanks in advance
Jason

Ps, if anyone has a reverse parking sensor for the offside corner for sale, please let me know.

G
#2 ·
Hi there,

Late reply but yes they can be refurbished. You can try sbwheels, Steve in Birmingham, he can supply a new set or A1 Wheels in Wolves can refurbish them. I've got two sets and they both need doing though considering buying some Aruba Performance wheels. The only thing I find with the Indianapolis wheels is that you have to be really careful on what you use to clean them with as the split rim stains so easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.