Jaguar Forum banner

Removing Electric Window Motors

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  JDP 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get some information on removing the motor and levers from my driver and passenger doors. Window sooo slow you have to help them up to the top. I am thinking oiling up the runners but also been told the motors are on their way out. Any tips however small would be great. Thanks,

#2 ·
I don't know how to remove the motors, although I doubt the motor is at fault.

Two things I would look into.

1) Try connecting the motor straight to a battery and see if that improves it massivly. (if so it could be a relay/switch issue). Not familiar with x300 wiring.

2) It is important on these cars to ensure the rubber seal is full fitted into the runners. This is easy to do.
Pull the rubber out the channel/runner inside the door. Spray silicon into the channel/runner (e.g dash shine or bumper back 2 black) and then push the rubber back into the runner carefully making sure it goes in easily and fully.

G
#6 ·
Hi, I have been in the shed in the cold!!! I have taken the door card off, very easy when you know how, just check out other posts. Greased up all moving parts and while I had the door card off wax oiled inside the bottom of the door. I then used dry lube, http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80487/Bla ... cant-400ml down the runners from above the open window and below when the window was shut. What a result!!!!!! Works realy well now. I also remember when I bought the car in August it was very hot so the windows work Ok but when it got colder that was when they slowed up and had to be helped. Also last night I had a go at lubing up the masive rear window and that made a big improvement without having to take the door car off. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.