Jaguar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
597K views 8K replies 99 participants last post by  Jag-Black 
#1 ·
This is a new thread for Breaking News.

The last one will not be restored.

-------------

As if the poor Caribbean islanders haven't suffered enough hurricane damage, hot on the heels of Irma, here comes the next one, Jose.

Barbuda, which has suffered 95% damage to homes, has been largely evacuated of its 1,600 or so residents, yet there are still many hard beaten residents who stubbornly refuse to leave their damaged homes despite pleas from their Prime Minister, Gaston Browne:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41199394

Shouldn't they be removed against their will for their own safety?

Just asking.

#5 ·
Quite frankly,I will not miss sweetheart 'Emma's' imput.

If reddiesel would only admit that there are opinions that differ to his,then everything would be 'perfec'!

#8 ·
Man I go on holiday and miss all the fun

#9 ·
I missed it too, Ian had already taken it down.

To be fair I got the impression that Emm was coming round.

I'll try harder to keep even keel, I'm one of the offenders from time to time.

So - Breaking News is the product here.

Your thoughts are the currency. Show me your money! ;)

#10 ·
You have money?

Is this cash or in the bank?

#15 ·
I can see I'm going to have language problems with you E30! :roll:

Be you be spend time in Hindia by pure chance itself, sir? ;)

Be you admitting to this me kindly change expression to make much more easier understanding for you in jiffy, by George! :) :) :)

Down to the food bank and hanging round McD's near closing time in a couple of months if things don't change! ;)

#11 ·
The problem with Emma was by his/her/whatevers own admission was that he/she did not do any research and went on gut feeling and reports in the papers. Red just enjoyed a good argument.

Most of us have lived the news in our lifetime, travelled and lived in many countries with different cultures and experienced life in the full (and beyond). Most young people today have only experienced life in safe countries normally on a holiday and have no idea what it is like to be caught up in a war zone or to try and get out of a country across borders that do not exist except on a map. They have not lived through rationing and Governments formed by MPs with honour (all sides). All they have experienced is Blair's world of deceit, Browns Boom without bust and destruction of the economy and Cameron's failure as a leader to get a good deal out of Europe and lack of understanding of reality.

We have seen the pound devalued, rise again, sink again, rise again etc. We have seen high unemployment and low unemployment. In other words, life is cyclical. Today's young are spoilt by having whatever they wanted and being given high social benefits. They simply have not had to experience hardship as we knew it. I still remember when I joined the army (already married), we had to watch every penny we spent, no luxuries at all and even go without meat several days a week as it was too expensive. That gave me the incentive to better myself and make sure I never went hungry again.

So young en's. If we OAPs seem to talk as if we know it all, it is because we do............(Modesty)

Tony

#14 · (Edited)
Because of the constant mishandling of the economy over the past 50 years, bubbles followed by recessions on a 10-12 year cycle, we've become accustomed to them.

To the next generation, 40+, they think we've caused their hardships.

They and the following generation, 15+, think we and their seniors caused their misery.

They don't know that this last referendum, meaning "reference to the public", was the first since 1974!

They think we're all in cahoots with the dumbass MPs in some sort of closet meetings from which they've been excluded!

Sadly many people of our age, 60+, are denied the high tech jobs we've held and aced for decades and due to the current recession having lasted an incredible and unprecedented 9 years, our assets are dwindling, to the point that we are again watching the pennies.

Which forced us to sell both cars and try life in Cyprus for a while.

This is something we never anticipated for our last years.

Yes Britain has been screwed. But not by us, we protested against many changes but were called dynosaurs, resisting "progress".

By the next 2 generations who are now enjoying screwed up Britain where "managers" are irresponsible, not accountable, biased against oldies and think "managing" means fancy company car, hiring, KPIs, regular 4-figure pay increases for themselves based on cost cutting, threatening, and firing.

Luckily our figs grow on trees, prickly pears grow on cactuses, KEO is €5 for 8 cans, our many wonderful friends and neighbours share home grown veggies and fruits with us, the sun heats our water year round... The beach is 10 minutes away, coffee is irresistible...

Have I given you a clue? :)

How do we volunteer to help in Barbuda or Antigua? I'm serious, still need something to do.

#21 ·
Well they had an American fella on the news this morning who is staying put on the 19 floor of a high rise :shock: but says he will be fine as his fridge is well stocked with Chinese takeaway / burgers and beer
now what possibly could go wrong :mrgreen:

#24 ·
Did anybody read the comment from Tony Blair on immigration. He is saying now that it could be limited even if Britain stayed in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/10/tony-blair-get-tough-on-immigration-to-stop-brexit.

does he not reliese that this against EU rules of free movement. This means that this would never be implemented so it is just hot air to try and his is confusing everything again like he did with Iraq with his spin.

I used to enjoy reading the Gaurdian and it was good paper but now it is too biased for my taste

He is history now and should have the decency to respect the will of the majority but then again he never did even when he was primeminister.

#26 ·
Blair cannot seem to get it through his thick skull that the people of the UK have decided to leave the EU. I don't know why the papers bother to give him column inches. The man is wasting everyones time.

#27 ·
Unless someone publicly kicks him hard in the arse he still has influence and he's bucking our democracy.

As far as I'm concerned he is guilty of Treason against this country for a second time and should be locked up.

#29 ·
I didn't get that. I've seen that film about 4 times now and it sank every time. You'd think they would have realised by now that there was a lump of ice in the way.

#32 ·
I am sure that I saw the Titanic docking here in Dubrovnik. It was the only cruise ship wheren the passangers were well dressed and very polite when they got on the bus. :-D

#39 ·
I got so wet yesterday coming home from London that today I'm going to start wearing my new "Dianesse" winter gear. Supposed to repell water. Supposed to be able to get in a shower with it on and stay dry.

If that fais I'll buy a dry suit...

#43 ·
Of course,it was the last Labour Goverment that encouraged people to buy diesel engined cars,leaving the resultant mess for the Conservative's to clean up. Nothing unusual there,then!

#42 ·
And all of this still based on a lie:

"The plummeting prices come as the Government considers a diesel car scrappage scheme in an attempt to slash dangerous levels of air pollution on the roads."

BS!!

We've already reduced levels below those of 2000.

#44 ·
Why not live and let live?

If two blokes,or two wimmin wish to 'play' with each other...as long as both are of adult age...who cares?

Odd part is,whilst most blokes would be pleased to watch two wimmin,it seems that very few wimmin would want to watch the blokes!

:twisted:

#45 ·
I am waiting for diesel cars to be banned from a lot of German cities, a NGO has a court case running which has already caused the car producers here to offer to update the programming to reduce the NOX but this organisation has already shown that it will not work.

A lot of car producers are offering big discounts to sell Euro 6 Diesels when you exchange an older one, but the NGO has shown that the more modern cars produce more than the older models on the road.

This means at it is looking very likely looking at a ban from these diesel cars in the near future. This a major problem for Merkel and co as they have been pushing diesel cars for years with reduced fuel tax. THe majority of cars that have been sold here for years are Diesel cars.

Everybody fault that I was stupid for buying a petrol car instead of a diesel when I bought my Jag but it is now looking to have been the best idea that I had.

#57 ·
So this adds confirmation to my belief that the arbitrary emissions limits they set from behind their desks are not achievable.

Of course the governments have dug such a big hole for themselves that they can't rescind them.

So what next?

People are still buying brand new diesels and petrol cars now which have only a few years life and reducing fast.

#46 ·
I love the ignorance that attacks diesel cars but not gas central heating boilers, car tyres or brakes. These are far more polluting in terms of NOx and NOx particulates than diesel cars.

Then these "save the world" electric vehicles that have been proven to be just as polluting as combustion engines. Heavier vehicles, more brake dust, more tyre wear and more emissions from power stations to charge them.

Much easier to have a clear conscience and blame diesel cars for all the worlds problems.

It's the age we live in people, we are a polluting species and that's all there is.

Tony

#48 ·
Wake up Payno and read the post...555

Never said they did. I included gas boilers as well as car brakes and tyres.

You would think that everyone knows by now what item produces what pollutants. We have had a zillion posts on the subject but still we get people thinking it is only diesel cars that pollute.

WE ALL POLLUTE.....Diesels are just an easy target. If we were honest, we would all revert to pedal power and ditch our gas guzzling V8s churning out CO2 and drinking fossil fuels like there is no tomorrow. This cr*p about NOx being the cause of tens of thousands of deaths was proven to be fake news and kicked into touch but still the scare continues.

http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/20...se-40000-deaths-every-year-fact-check-linked/

Tony

#55 ·
Then they would have a chance to escape, it would be better if they had everything convescated as well and had their driving licenses cancelled. Then I would like to see them travel when they come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.