Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remainers voting labour

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Remainers voting labour

The BES ( British Election Study ) have reported back this morning on their findings as to how People voted in the last Election ,
    the Labour Party were seen as the Party of the SOFT BREXIT and attracted the REMAINER VOTE from all the other Parties .
    I told everyone for weeks on here during the Campaign that BREXIT was the Elephant in the Room and this Report completely
    vindicates that , I would go further and say that most of the Labour Party vote wanted to overthrow Democracy and ignore the
    wishes of the bulk of this Country and you only have to look at their support on this very Forum to see that . I counted one Member
    ( Lost It ) on this Forum who had any Political Conviction and though we continually disagreed we were both cut from the same cloth ,
    the rest were no more than Political Opportunists who knew nothing of the Labour Party and simply saw a Corbyn Victory as a way
    to frustrate BREXIT and lacked the guts to admit it . In a time when the Country required Unity these Voters did us all a Disservice .

2. Likes Fat Boy Slim, graham-r liked this post
    Dislikes payno disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little doubt in my mind that the electorite will give Mrs May her marching orders next time around.She 'fought' a miserable election,assumed that the brexit vote would be enough to give her a significant majority,just how out of touch was that assumption!

Corbyn,on the other hand,came over as a 'man of the people',out there pressing the flesh....it's just that lingering doubt about his backers and his real agenda that kept him out this time around.If Labour were to replace him,they would obtain a landslide victory.
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not make any mistake about this. Corbyn attracted a higher vote than expected simply because he promised to "deal" with student debt and spend more money than he could lay his hands on.

The students read this as "no fees" and the "mature" voters read this as "sit back and let others do the work and pay the bills".

After voting in the last 14 General Elections, I have seen enough promises from all parties to understand that NO party keeps their word, so when we vote, it is for the lesser of evils. Tony Blair only got in because he took the Tory centre ground and we had to wait for "Clunking Gordon" to show his true colours and kick Labour out.

Out of this bunch of "necessary evils" Labour are by far the worst at promising the moon and stars and delivering debt and economic disaster.

Far from being a "man of the people", Jeremy Corbyn is a dyed in the wool Marxist. His policies would bring the UK to it's feet and it would take decades to recover.

Why am I posting about politics at 8 AM in the morning? I have much better things to do such as breath and live. Sorry E30, your description of Jeremy Corbyn as a man of the people was too much to bear/bare (yes, both of them).

Tony

5. Likes graham-r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. I cannot agree with that. Corbyn never ever said that. Never. The press as usual made stuff up.

And I still say that the country saw what the Cons were planning. Free to continue to rape everything that is good about this country if they had got the mandate of the people. Because if they had got what they wanted this country would have faced 5 years of total destruction of everything we hold dear and no-one would have been able to stop them. The 1980's all over again. Anything that we own that could have been sold would have been. The nasty party would have had the mandate to do it. That was the plan. That's why they didn't bother to produce a manifesto that had any costings or information. May thought it was in the bag.

This election was nothing to do with Brexit. That was already happening. It was pure and simple a power grab.

Luckily the public saw the ploy as exactly that.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

7. Likes payno, Neilr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Slim View Post

Why am I posting about politics at 8 AM in the morning? I have much better things to do such as breath and live. Sorry E30, your description of Jeremy Corbyn as a man of the people was too much to bear/bare (yes, both of them).

Tony
    If you care to re-read my post,I wrote that Corbyn 'CAME ACROSS as a man of the people' not that he was a man of the people....a subtle difference,I feel.

Over the last 40 odd years of 'having the vote',I have never voted Labour,always prefering one of the more right wing/centre outfits,and not always Conservative!

One of any governments issues is to be able to manage a significant change in just a five year time span,but voting in a government for a meaningfull period,say 20 years,would not be acceptable in our country,or would it?
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2017 General Election was as democratic as the Brexit referendum. However, the referendum was won on lies. A democratic result, yes, but one based on undemocratic ethics. Democracy is basically a structure of ethics which should have no place for lies.

The election result will be viewed in history as a reaction to those lies and the people that made them and not the actual result of the referendum.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post
    No. I cannot agree with that. Corbyn never ever said that. Never. The press as usual made stuff up.

And I still say that the country saw what the Cons were planning. Free to continue to rape everything that is good about this country if they had got the mandate of the people. Because if they had got what they wanted this country would have faced 5 years of total destruction of everything we hold dear and no-one would have been able to stop them. The 1980's all over again. Anything that we own that could have been sold would have been. The nasty party would have had the mandate to do it. That was the plan. That's why they didn't bother to produce a manifesto that had any costings or information. May thought it was in the bag.

This election was nothing to do with Brexit. That was already happening. It was pure and simple a power grab.

Luckily the public saw the ploy as exactly that.
    Your totally wrong and this research shows your totally wrong . People believed and still believe that this Process can be reversed
    and got behind Corbyn with that aim in mind , as recently as yesterday Sadiq Khan a leading Labour Politician is still calling for the
    process to be abandoned . Mays mistake was to let the argument drift , it should have been kept to two clear issues , the Union of
    the Crowns and BREXIT . This idea of yours that all we hold dear as a Nation is at risk with a Conservative Victory is utter rubbish ,
    13 years of Labour and 3.5 million immigrants did more to change this Country than the Conservatives ever did .

11. Dislikes payno disliked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    The 2017 General Election was as democratic as the Brexit referendum. However, the referendum was won on lies. A democratic result, yes, but one based on undemocratic ethics. Democracy is basically a structure of ethics which should have no place for lies.

The election result will be viewed in history as a reaction to those lies and the people that made them and not the actual result of the referendum.
    It wasn't won on lies . Some spurious figures regarding the Health Service have been seized upon and repeated endlessly in order
    to denigrate the outcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post

Utter bollocks!

14. Likes Fat Boy Slim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even the right-biased FT basically says Boris' lies, racism, and the anti-european press pedalling more lies won the day:

https://www.ft.com/content/90c054fe-...5-82a9b15a8ee7
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

16. Likes MarkFY liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast