Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Jaguar E-Pace... Anyone got one / driven one or ordered one yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an E Pace bought new March 1st. Pleased with the car but fuel consumption absolutely awful. Mine is a R Dynamic S 2l diesel. Book says 43.5. Mine 26.7. Excuses given = awd; height therefore more air resistance; not run in. Interested to hear whether any else has had the same experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    26.7? I think you have a problem there mate. I think ours is 'averaging' around the 42-45 mark with the occasional spike into the 60's/70's
    Shadow Grey 2007 2.0D called Jerry but I will soon be jumping ship to (dare I say it out loud?) MB.
    Occasionally I also drive a spanking new silver E-Pace

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that urban?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine a mixture of urban and motorway, that's the wife's daily commute. 2.0 diesel btw.
    Shadow Grey 2007 2.0D called Jerry but I will soon be jumping ship to (dare I say it out loud?) MB.
    Occasionally I also drive a spanking new silver E-Pace

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0187.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	28298

The Mrs has recently gone from a 2014 rapper style blacked out XF to this. This is the second one we had, originally had a S but she realised she couldn't live without all the bells and whistles so swapped out for an HSE which was a lot better. It's a D180 so performance is a bit of a come down compared to the XF's V6 diesel and economy is not that much better...can get about 45mpg on a longer, gentle run but low/mid 30's around town. It's a heavy car and you feel it driving the thing. The original brakes were weak, the new one has the bigger discs and calipers which make a difference. It also has the 21" alloys which have to come with the adaptive suspension which also makes a big difference to the ride (for the better).

The XF had a 'hewn from granite' feel about it while this one, well....doesn't, which isn't surprising as it's the entry level Jaguar. But the cost of the two cars were in a similar ballpark, it's just the passage of 4 years doesn't get you as much car.

There is a lot more tech in the car compared the XF, which to me means there is more stuff to go wrong. But so far it's all been good. The trick cruise control is great, the self parking scary and the lane assist so annoying it has been turned off.

The only issues so far is dodgy DAB radio reception (which I have posted a question about in another thread) and the SIM card slot seems to be iffy...sometimes it will pick up the SIM, sometimes it won't.
    2018 E Pace HSE D180

6. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The E-Pace is much heavier than the XF and heavier than the F-Pace (being effectively the Jag equivalent of the Evoque and Disco Sport so of steel construction) so you would expect a performance drop and similar economy (I get 50-55mp from my current F-Pace 180 and 70mpg from my X260 163). They are well specified with the LED headlights etc as standard on UK spec motors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still very disappointed with fuel consumption. 6 months on, when I was told the engine would have loosened, still only getting high 20s mpg urban, mid 30s extra which equates to 34ish combined. Compare that to the book and it is the biggest misquote in history. My previous was an XF S 3l twin carb, all bells and whistles. 36 urban, best long distance 63mpg. Biggest mistake I ever made in swooping. Future, Jags are out.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678