Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife's X type

Post Thanks / Like

Wife's X type

Well, I hope to document the wife's X type ( previously youngest sons ) journey for next wee while.....

In the meantime here's the beginning of our family's ownership.......

Car bought mid April 2015 ( pics via Photobucket no longer available ) http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=81228

Fail to start issues ( new battery ) 06.01.17 http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=97532

Wife's new car 24.07.17 http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=102269

Park assist volume issues 02.08.17 http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=102443

Clutch and DMF were replaced by LUK components around 6 months ago, she's clean and runs like a dream, all good.

Park assist volume issues were resolved today with a new sounder / speaker, I've ordered a new set of Jaguar X type mats c/w logo and we had around an hours "Jaguar X type training" last night, just showing her the ropes etc..........she'll never read the ******* book lol

Although the pads have been replaced all round, I believe there may be an issue with a cable perhaps, the handbrake not quite as it should be, so that'll be looked at shortly.

The MOT is early / mid October iirc and I'm not expecting any major surprises

Thanks
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its been almost 3 weeks and the X type is still unscathed
    So far so good.........

Gave her a wee quick detail today and a photo opportunity beside her big brother, his n hers together lol......

Park assists now all good with new speaker fitted, so that job's out of the way

Fuel filler cap seems to have issues, lock is stuck so need to check that out. Also the handbrake is a little loose on early travel ( new brake pads recently fitted ) so I guess there may be an issue with stretched cable or similar?
    I want to get both looked at and resolved in the coming weeks prior to M.o.t. time which will be in around 8-10 weeks

Also, there is a little corrosion on the bottom edge of drivers door. To be fair this was there when Connor acquired the car and wasn't dealt with. It's obviously got a little worse and although not instantly noticeable requires attention.
    It's just whether to get it done before the onset of winter or leave until spring, either way it will be resolved.

They look pretty good together and Mrs C is lovin her

One thing she is disappointed in is mirror dip, have it on my XJ but not on the X type, Tom Bell provided a good workaround which I tried today ( Thanks Tom )
    M1 has position set for Mrs C
    M2 has position set for me
    M3 we have set for reverse

Basically prepare to reverse and hit M3 and the mirrors will dip ( having been pre set ) to reverse position. Once done simply hot M1 and mirrors will revert to normal driving position

Cheers
    Jim

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

3. Likes payno, Ian D, Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vey nice Jim and a much better match on the driveway.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

5. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    a job well done there Jim
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

7. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Vey nice Jim and a much better match on the driveway.
    Yeah thanks Jim, definitely jusssst a little bit better looking than the XJ and A6 for sure lol

As much as she loves the X type, she is bemoaning the fact that the Audi was easier to handle, as in the steering was much lighter, other than that well pleased.

Don't know how long that'll look like that though as I may need to think about car shopping for myself now too.......Mine's is now the oldest in the fleet!!

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like
    If your wife is anything like mine it will look like the Tasmanian devil went through it in a weeks time.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

10. Likes JimC64, Ian D, payno, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    If your wife is anything like mine it will look like the Tasmanian devil went through it in a weeks time.
    Jim, I'm working on her

It's been almost 20 years and she's showing small signs of improvement...........very small signs!

Jim

Wife's_X_type

12. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    fine looking pair of vehicles.
    jaguar 2 litre se diesel 2004.114k.dark blue metallic,cream leather

14. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomzx6 View Post
    fine looking pair of vehicles.
    Thanks Tomzx6, appreciate the kind words

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JimC64

A nice pair of rear ends but parked that way round they look like they're sulking.
    2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    I like to drive using only my finger tips to change gear shouting - tally ho.

17. Likes JimC64 liked this post
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast