Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Wife's X type

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    ......On the one hand I don't necessarily do a lot of the work myself or have ramps etc so that would be no.
    On the other hand I have 5 fingers..............Jim

You must be unique - I've only got four fingers and a thumb on each hand.................
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

2. Likes Lost it, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet it's a right old job getting a pair of decent gloves...
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

4. Likes JimC64, Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post

You must be unique - I've only got four fingers and a thumb on each hand.................
    I always wondered how your posts came through thick n fast Zero, now I know!!
    Lol

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Pagid rear pads I ordered a few days ago arrived yesterday and today managed to get them fitted.

I was sure that the rear pads were lowish, as far as I could see and just went ahead and ordered them anyway around £18.50 delivered from Carparts4less!!

It turns out the discs look ok and there's plenty of meat left on the pads, played around with the adjuster and got a really decent handbrake, much improved, so buttoned everything back up and left it at that.

Around 10 days or so till the M.o.t and we'll see how she does then

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    I took the X type out for a wee spin earlier, just wanted to check the handbrake rears not binding and just generally have a drive and a listen, "feel" the car and see what's going on.

As part of that I decided to stop off and buy a bottle of Reddex fuel treatment for diesels and get it added. She's not smoky at all, not even a little bit, but I'd like to keep her that way.

Reddex added and a few stop starts and all is well, the front brakes, recently having had new pads and discs now well bedded in are ****** good, put you through the window stopping power lol

I did around 20 motorway miles at reasonably high revs to get the system nice n hot, with the last few miles nice n easy before being parked back up for the day. Have to say she drove well, as usual and all seems good, hopefully Brian agrees on the 22d

Jim

9. Likes AyB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post

As part of that I decided to stop off and buy a bottle of Reddex fuel treatment for diesels and get it added.

Jim
    I am interested in the Redex. Have been using that since I bought my diesel. It was a little smokey at first but now getting better all the time. Seems to be a good product. Been around for ever it seems. Old ways are sometimes the best ways?

11. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AyB View Post
    I am interested in the Redex. Have been using that since I bought my diesel. It was a little smokey at first but now getting better all the time. Seems to be a good product. Been around for ever it seems. Old ways are sometimes the best ways?
    I use it here n there, a decent product for sure. I do regular oil / filter / air and fuel filter changes on my car and generally keep on top of maintenance, never had any smoke issues to speak of, but, I'd like to keep it that way.

Ayb - You should consider adding your car details Y.O.M engine and miles etc to your signature, that way people can tell at a glance what you have and are able to help better.
    Just a thought mate
    All my best

Jim

13. Thanks AyB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are doing a great job Jim.
    Is Tress still after that Evoque convertible?
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

15. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Escolme View Post
    You are doing a great job Jim.
    Is Tress still after that Evoque convertible?
    Thanks Alec

Yes I think she'd still like a RR Evoque I'm sure. The trouble is she's not really a car person, it really is just to get from A to B and if it's ice, well that's a bonus lol

The X type's only just turned 82k and running very nicely, so unless anything really untoward happens or she wakes up one morning and says to hell with it, I'm having a RR or an F Pace ( which she's taken a fancy too ) she'll be in that for a few years yet I'd imagine

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of this, as per the job done on the XJ and or in conjunction with a replacement door seal if necessary

Jim

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213