Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Wife's X type

Post Thanks / Like
    What a miserable day, grey wet and generally pretty horrible...…

As it's my granddaughters 5th birthday celebrations tomorrow ( which will eat up the whole day I'm sure lol ) I only have today to get the X type checked and ready for it's M.o.t first thing Monday morning.

She was washed and cleaned inside n out as always.
    As documented she's had new pads and discs on the front, rears adjusted up, new suspension bushes and new tyres all round as well as only being serviced a few months ago, in decent condition for 84k miles to be fair.

All lights and fluids checked, screenwash topped up and about as good to go as possible I guess, time will tell the story on Monday morning now I suppose?

That out of the way, I'd visited Screwfix and B&Q for various supplies, then it was time for a quick going over of the X351, she'd sat there dirty pretty much since I came back from Aldershot several days ago and badly needed cleaned. A short while later she was all ok again and looking much better

It's back to decorating for me, utility room, back hall and kitchen this time

I reckon 3 or 4 coats probably on the ceiling and walls ( already 2 coats in on the ceiling ) then the guys will come to do the kitchen cabinets and lay the new floor, we may even get to give the dining room a quick going over before we're half way through November I'm told...oh joy of joys!!

The only upside is that once that's done it really only leaves the living room and front all area and then ITS ALL DONE

Think nice thoughts for Monday please...

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Jim.

Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you with the redecorating
    Radiance Red Jaguar S type 3.0 - Fixed, I hope
    Monte Carlo Blue Range Rover 4.6 Vogue - Retired.

3. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim. Bad news mate. It is NEVER finished...
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

5. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, bad news and good news for today....

The X type failed on of all things, the handbrake, which I was gutted about

It turns out it had loosened off again and Mrs C hadn't said anything, as usual. Brian failed it on the handbrake, so I told him just to get it checked / sorted / passed etc. I get a call an hour or so later and pads / discs are fine, cable and calipers are ok too, but some work as the adjustment was out and needed freed off. A short while later and all was well...…

Passed all A ok with no other advisories I'm told, so good or another year
    Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

7. Likes Billy2Jags, Daverichardson, bugsb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The X type is coming up for service end of April, but why not get er done early I thought to myself?

To that end I just bought the air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter from Eurocarparts ( nice little 55% discount at the moment ) and so cheap as chips. I reserved them at my local branch and will pick up in the morning and get these done. The oil / filter will be next but unsure if I'll get that done tomorrow, but soon....

I need to check but she's sitting around 85k miles and running with no issues ( that said I'll find out more tomorrow )

Mrs C isn't the best at identifying potential issues / problems and or bringing them to my attention

I'm thinking about the EGR valve and whether to remove and clean, it's a perhaps job and would be good to do for sure, but again probably not tomorrow but near in the future.

If all goes well, I'll have a poke around and may detail the engine bay to better spot any problems / issues with leaks etc, also, a nice clean engine bay is just nice to look at

Hopefully a quick wash n clean session to give her a lift too, all being well.

The next planned jobs will be, double checking door seals and mirror housings due to a little wind noise, I may elect to fit another seal as per the earlier posted videos to help with this if necessary.

The suspension is starting to age and a few items will need attention in the coming months, need to get underneath and get it checked out and she'll get what she needs, it makes sense as she just runs and runs with no troubles to speak of......he says looking over his shoulder and touching wood lol

Jim

9. Likes bugsb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good poke around the wife as well Jim never goes amiss😱😱

Post Thanks / Like
    Well quite an eventful day...…

I just stayed up last night ( loads to do ) and met Mrs C as she came in the door at 7.30am this morning, a wee cup of coffee and a chat and then of to Euurocarparts to collect the parts

Arrived back and the air filter, pollen filter and fuel filter done, then the car cleaned inside n out, wheels done etc and looking pretty good I have to say, as long as you can look past the wheels and the odd scratch etc here n there. The engine bay was treated to a going over too and looked all the better for it.....Redex added to half tank of fuel.

After that was done it was off to see my mate at National Tyres for a wee cheeky oil change, service all completed and looking her best in the sunsh……...Oooops, here comes the rain lol
    Superb!!

Anyhow, good to spend time with the ole girl today and renew acquaintances, after all was sad n done she seemed in fine fettle, pulling like a train and eager to please

I used the full rev range over the course of the day and any cobwebs that may have been there were well n truly blown away

Until we meet again lol

Jim

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314