Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket Fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Photobucket Fix.

If anyone has been as cheesed off as myself regarding Photobucket blocking the embedding of pictures on forums like this one there is a solution :-

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

Obviously you will have to use Google Chrome Browser to view the pictures on the various websites again but this does work. If it doesn't for you let me know. Google Browser is also my browser of preference anyway.

I am currently using it and it does work. Nice to see my pictures back. Click me to test (once you have used the fix that is)

Footnote. If it does not work straight away scroll down to #7 in this thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by frankc; 24-08-17 at 22:19.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

2. Likes Willber G, jannjulie, payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    But don't forget guys it's not what photobucket want so it's bound to be temporary. In other words there's a good chance they'll block you again.

So in my view it's better to move them to another host or at least copy them to your computer so you don't lose ones you haven't got.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    But don't forget guys it's not what photobucket want so it's bound to be temporary. In other words there's a good chance they'll block you again.

So in my view it's better to move them to another host or at least copy them to your computer so you don't lose ones you haven't got.
    I agree 100%. Already moved to another user. However the problem I have is I cannot transfer every photo on my thread to another host then alter the links. The topics are time locked. However if I did have access again then perhaps Id do a few a day?

So those who wish to view past posts for help then this may provide a solution no matter how temporary.
    It's in the detail.

5. Likes Willber G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frank. I presume you need to download the extension from github? I don't use Chrome but others I know do who would find this useful.
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Previous cars going back through time:
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made this thread a sticky, as it should help others who use photobucket.

Well done on finding this fix, temporary or not.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

8. Thanks frankc thanked for this post
    Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea Ian. Some clearer instructions would be nice as well if Frank has time to add them.

X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Willber G View Post
    Thanks Frank. I presume you need to download the extension from github? I don't use Chrome but others I know do who would find this useful.
    Extension from Github? Sorry but never heard of it.

First off if you do not have it download and install Chrome Browser. You will find it, once you get used to it, much much better than Internet Explorer. You can find Chrome here :- https://www.google.com/chrome/browse...top/index.html

Once you have Chrome you just click this link to embed the Photobucket fix, just click the 'Add to Chrome' button into the Chrome Browser. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj Let it run and load onto the Chrome Browser. Shut down the browser and the open it up again, usual top right X.
    If it does not work straight away, that is to say you cannot see the embedded photobucket photos, then do the following :-
    On the Chrome browser screen ........... Top Right click the three dots. Click on "More Tools" Click on "Extensions" Scroll down to "Custom Stylesheet & Script" put a tick into the box to "Enable Extension" Job done.

Hope enjoy having your precious photos back.
    Last edited by frankc; 19-08-17 at 07:07.
    It's in the detail.

11. Thanks Willber G thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frank. I use Firefox but will pass this on to other Chrome users.

13. Thanks frankc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Willber G View Post
    Thanks Frank. I use Firefox but will pass this on to other Chrome users.
    Dont know if this will work as I do not have Firefox to test it, but you can give it a go if you like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...otobucket-fix/
    It's in the detail.

15. Thanks Willber G thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again. Unfortunately it will not work with my old version of FF (which I retain for various reasons) but I will pass on the info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast