Page 2 of 382 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with Emma was by his/her/whatevers own admission was that he/she did not do any research and went on gut feeling and reports in the papers. Red just enjoyed a good argument.

Most of us have lived the news in our lifetime, travelled and lived in many countries with different cultures and experienced life in the full (and beyond). Most young people today have only experienced life in safe countries normally on a holiday and have no idea what it is like to be caught up in a war zone or to try and get out of a country across borders that do not exist except on a map. They have not lived through rationing and Governments formed by MPs with honour (all sides). All they have experienced is Blair's world of deceit, Browns Boom without bust and destruction of the economy and Cameron's failure as a leader to get a good deal out of Europe and lack of understanding of reality.

We have seen the pound devalued, rise again, sink again, rise again etc. We have seen high unemployment and low unemployment. In other words, life is cyclical. Today's young are spoilt by having whatever they wanted and being given high social benefits. They simply have not had to experience hardship as we knew it. I still remember when I joined the army (already married), we had to watch every penny we spent, no luxuries at all and even go without meat several days a week as it was too expensive. That gave me the incentive to better myself and make sure I never went hungry again.

So young en's. If we OAPs seem to talk as if we know it all, it is because we do............(Modesty)

Tony

2. Thanks Kazket thanked for this post
    Likes E30MW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It Takes Two To Tango Text 3000x3000.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	24713

2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

4. Likes MarkFY, Fat Boy Slim, Henry_B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It Takes Two To Tango Text 3000x3000.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	24713

Well, they have both been well and truly voted off SCD.

Both names have been obliterated from the members list.

Shame really, I never took either of them seriously when it came to banter. I for one will miss them.

RIP guys.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Because of the constant mishandling of the economy over the past 50 years, bubbles followed by recessions on a 10-12 year cycle, we've become accustomed to them.

To the next generation, 40+, they think we've caused their hardships.

They and the following generation, 15+, think we and their seniors caused their misery.

They don't know that this last referendum, meaning "reference to the public", was the first since 1974!

They think we're all in cahoots with the dumbass MPs in some sort of closet meetings from which they've been excluded!

Sadly many people of our age, 60+, are denied the high tech jobs we've held and aced for decades and due to the current recession having lasted an incredible and unprecedented 9 years, our assets are dwindling, to the point that we are again watching the pennies.

Which forced us to sell both cars and try life in Cyprus for a while.

This is something we never anticipated for our last years.

Yes Britain has been screwed. But not by us, we protested against many changes but were called dynosaurs, resisting "progress".

By the next 2 generations who are now enjoying screwed up Britain where "managers" are irresponsible, not accountable, biased against oldies and think "managing" means fancy company car, hiring, KPIs, regular 4-figure pay increases for themselves based on cost cutting, threatening, and firing.

Luckily our figs grow on trees, prickly pears grow on cactuses, KEO is €5 for 8 cans, our many wonderful friends and neighbours share home grown veggies and fruits with us, the sun heats our water year round... The beach is 10 minutes away, coffee is irresistible...

Have I given you a clue?

How do we volunteer to help in Barbuda or Antigua? I'm serious, still need something to do.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 09-09-17 at 22:04.

7. Likes Fat Boy Slim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    You have money?

Is this cash or in the bank?
    I can see I'm going to have language problems with you E30!

Be you be spend time in Hindia by pure chance itself, sir?

Be you admitting to this me kindly change expression to make much more easier understanding for you in jiffy, by George!

Down to the food bank and hanging round McD's near closing time in a couple of months if things don't change!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Slim View Post
    Well, they have both been well and truly voted off SCD.

Both names have been obliterated from the members list.

Shame really, I never took either of them seriously when it came to banter. I for one will miss them.

RIP guys.

Tony
    I thought Ian said it was to be a 7 day ban but the thread's gone now but, who knows, maybe they'll be back...............
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    I thought Ian said it was to be a 7 day ban but the thread's gone now but, who knows, maybe they'll be back...............
    That's more info than I could find.

All I got was a "Do not have privileges" message when I logged back in and my browser tried to take me to the thread.

Didn't see any messages or posts about what happened so can only add 2 + 2 together and make 5.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Slim View Post
    That's more info than I could find.

All I got was a "Do not have privileges" message when I logged back in and my browser tried to take me to the thread.

Didn't see any messages or posts about what happened so can only add 2 + 2 together and make 5.

Tony
    You would have to of done something really bad to get a permanent ban first time around Tony the staff are very fair on this forum
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    You would have to of done something really bad to get a permanent ban first time around Tony the staff are very fair on this forum
    I have noticed that as some members get agitated, they start to make it personal. Big mistake. By all means attack the message in very strong terms or make an outrageous comment but do not insult the member personally.

I know we are all guilty of "loosing it" at times but yes, this is a liberal forum and we do get to stretch the boundaries. The only issue I have is that I missed the comments that got them banned. It's like missing the ending to a good film and being told what happened third hand.

Tony

13. Likes B o B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    This is a new thread for Breaking News.

The last one will not be restored.

-------------

As if the poor Caribbean islanders haven't suffered enough hurricane damage, hot on the heels of Irma, here comes the next one, Jose.

Barbuda, which has suffered 95% damage to homes, has been largely evacuated of its 1,600 or so residents, yet there are still many hard beaten residents who stubbornly refuse to leave their damaged homes despite pleas from their Prime Minister, Gaston Browne:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41199394

Shouldn't they be removed against their will for their own safety?

Just asking.

Any comments chaps?

Page 2 of 382 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast