Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265
Results 2,641 to 2,649 of 2649

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    I'm buying thousands of yellow jackets, sell the lot and make a fortune and then emigrate..........

To late I have the monopoly on them now. So you will have to buy them from me. As you are a member of the forum i will allow you to buy some from me at a good price.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Could Nigel Farage Secretly Be Planning To Join The Tory Party?

https://www.unilad.co.uk/featured/co...he-tory-party/
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    Hi Fat Controller,

It wasn't my intention to offend, so apologies for that. However, you spoke about infrastructure, and one would assume the NHS is very much part of that.

So, I say again, immigrants haven't saddled us with a debt where the interest payments are 8% of Government Taxation. Their increasing numbers, isn't the reason for a lack of investment in our services. And they're a net benefit to the UK. Investment is constantly needed to increase, as our population is affected by things other than immigration. Like birth rates, and longer life expectancy.

Non EU citizens can't just pitch up in the UK and claim benefits. It doesn't work like that and political asylum isn't handed out to anyone who applies. So any folk coming over here from Calais is either working illegally, or sleeping rough.

Like yourself, I couldn't give a hoot about the top earners losing some of their wealth, however, they won't be hurt by Brexit. Eight percent, although not an insignificant figure is a lot easier to bear when you are wealthy, than when you are poor.

Thomas
    Now dear fellow, be assured you did not offend - we are merely having a robust discussion, debate if you will, but there shall be no ill feelings here

You are correct, immigrants did not saddle us with debts, and that mantle lays firmly at the door of bankers, financiers and politicians in their greed; sadly, our infrastructure was already on its way down the pan before immigration from the EU really commenced in earnest. However you word it, we have arrived at a situation where we have too many people and not enough housing, school places or hospital beds to be able to cope. And there are some that are arriving here, on boats from France, and being taken in - sure, they have to go through a process to get in, but they are getting in, being immediately medically checked and at the very least they are put up in detention centres or hostels and given food, shelter and so on.......... that, eventually leads to them getting housing and some benefits. Why has no other country in the EU satisfied their need? Why the UK?

If I were to be blunt, the whole sorry mess (for me at least) goes back to decisions made by Maggie, and even some before. The UK has been sold off, bit by bit, and now we are too busy lining everyone else's pockets with profit to be able to run our country effectively - either way, all I can tell you is that there are many, many people like me who have had enough of being lied to, milked in taxation, and having our lives quite literally controlled. Enough.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

4. Likes Lost it liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    To late I have the monopoly on them now. So you will have to buy them from me. As you are a member of the forum i will allow you to buy some from me at a good price.
    Or, you buy 'em, I'll sell 'em and lets both be millionaires............
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, you confused me by talking about Cameron and elections. So I thought you meant the one he won.

I still don't think Labour would have won the last election based on May stating she had changed her mind. Still, we'll never know.
    Erm. He didn't win. he had to "con" the Lib Dems to prop his government up. And the Lib Dems were too stupid to figure out what that would cost them. Until it did. Boo hoo. I was laughing my socks off...
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello chaps.

I've not been able to access these forums until yesterday and had little time to catch up.

Glad you missed me.

Quote Originally Posted by jberks View Post
    At the end of the day Thomas, the UN holding Israel in breach of resolutions sounds a reasonable statement, until you look at those resolutions.

To put it in context, between 2006 and 2016, the UN Human Rights Council passed 135 resolutions. 68 of them were against Israel. Now are you seriously going to claim that with all the issues around the world over that decade, the tiny little country of Israel was so barbaric that it genuinely deserved more UN Human rights condemnations than the rest of the world combined?

Israel, one of the few countries with a free press and judiciary. A country who's constitution states that every citizen is equal irrespective of race or religion. They're worse than everyone else?

The UN General Assembly adopted 97 resolutions critical of member states.86% of those are against Israel.

The WHO singled out Israel for condemnation - Israel, a country with a comprehensive healthcare system open to all citizens whatever race, creed or colour and one that even routinely treats citizens of enemy states such as Syria, and Palestinians.
    Jeremy from Berkshire...

This says it all.

Israel is gritting its teeth and headbutting everyone who makes a criticism.

So more and more judgements have piled up because of their blockheadedness.

As for the healthcare system open to all... I got a very different story from Palestinians.

Be honest, you know only from one side, I've seen bits of both.

The Palestinians will not give up until major lands are given back, and probably some will not stop even then.

When Israel pulled back a little in about 2002? the Palestinians allowed their teenagers to continue throwing stones at the withdrawing troops, it was on the Saudi TV. The Palestinians I knew said "good, good, we have to hit them now, push them back!"

I said "But they are leaving! If I were the Israelis and you don't stop your sons from throwing stones, eventually I will stop, turn and shoot, and stay put, and you will not get back the land I am giving you. And if these are my sons I would beat them black and blue to protect them, not let them throw stones against bullets and tanks and be killed!".

They just stared at me and ceased the conversation.

But that's exactly what happened, the Israelis stopped, turned, fired, and held their ground.

Then these two who I considered friends, told me of the horror stories of their childhood and the killing, the beatings, the raids, oppression and that the militias have been their only law and bread providers for decades.

You can't gloss over these on both sides, nor make excuses.

It's truly insoluble.

Even if peace were to be established and held for decades with freedom of movement, it will take 3 generations for the animosity to subside.

Look at Cyprus and its invasion by the Turks. That was in 1974.

They are still there, 30,000+ troops.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; Today at 00:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Hello chaps.

I've not been able to access these forums until yesterday and had little time to catch up.

Glad you missed me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alec,

Treason seems like a gross over-reaction. I hope you aren't advocating that we kill politicians because they do things you don't like? Incidentally, the maximum punishment allowed is life imprisonment.

Thomas
    Oh, come on Thomas, at least let us slap a few around a bit who aren't doing what we need?

Gove for a start! What a slimy joyrider on others' backs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, too much going on to catch up easily. I'll.need time to respond - if anyone wants my response?

I need some help chaps, please...

I can't access these forums when I'm connected through my home WiFi. I can access any other website I've tried, just not this one.

Until yesterday I couldn't connect from my phone mobile network either.

Today it's the same, I can't connect through my home WiFi but can directly via my mobile network. It takes a lot longer when I've just disabled the phone's WiFi but does connect then slowly speeds up.

Is it a case of me having 2 different IP addresses, one being blocked by this site?

Is it something our admins might know?

Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265