Page 278 of 312 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3115

Thread: Breaking News

  1. #2771
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most chocolate is Halal, manufactures stopped putting meat products in so that vegetarians could eat it. Which also makes it halal.

    If people haven't got anything better to do, than cry about Halal certification, they probably need to develop new hobbies. I'd imagine the same people kicking up a stink, are the same ones who enjoy the odd kebab or curry.

    Outraged when it suits them, but don't really know why.

  2. #2772
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    OSWESTRY, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Thomas,

    the point about Halal slaughter is whether it is more stressful to the beast. Like so many things there is disagreement on whether it's throat is slit without stunning is more distressing. Personally I would say that it is. Jim says a lot of Halal slaugher is carried out after stunning, I don't know but that means there is no real difference.

    Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

  3. #2773
    Senior Member jberks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Thomas,

    the point about Halal slaughter is whether it is more stressful to the beast. Like so many things there is disagreement on whether it's throat is slit without stunning is more distressing. Personally I would say that it is. Jim says a lot of Halal slaugher is carried out after stunning, I don't know but that means there is no real difference.

    Alec
    If Halal is carried out correctly, then like Kashrut, it's no more stressful than stunning methods. The principle is that the knife is razor sharp and it's done so quickly, the animal knows nothing about it. The problems come when it's not done correctly, when of course, there is additional suffering, but that's also true of the non religious slaughter methods.
    At least with the religious ones, there's an imperative on the part of the slaughterer to do it right (assuming they believe in what they're doing), whereas on a factory production line where most meat is produced, the staff are minimum wage, badly trained and deaf to the issues.
    Hence, as with most "leftie" issues, the entire argument is built on raw emotion, a tipper truck of ignorance, with a little bit of racism thrown in. The last bit of course, lefties are physically incapable of in their view ("I've fought racism all my life") whilst the rest of us are condemned to be actual human beings with all the natural instinctive baggage (including racism) that being human brings. But then they are better pigs as we all know.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

  4. #2774
    Senior Member payno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    4,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you only hear people moan about Halal meat not being stunned before slaughter when some members of the Jewish faith are responsible for the non stunning of animals before slaughter too

    Is it because its fashionable to hate on Muslims or is it because if you say anything against the Jewish faith you are anti semitic

    I say totally ban the practise because if most Jewish and Muslims can eat pre stunned meat they all can or they can turn veggie
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

  5. #2775
    Senior Member payno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    4,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jberks View Post
    If Halal is carried out correctly, then like Kashrut, it's no more stressful than stunning methods. The principle is that the knife is razor sharp and it's done so quickly, the animal knows nothing about it. The problems come when it's not done correctly, when of course, there is additional suffering, but that's also true of the non religious slaughter methods.
    At least with the religious ones, there's an imperative on the part of the slaughterer to do it right (assuming they believe in what they're doing), whereas on a factory production line where most meat is produced, the staff are minimum wage, badly trained and deaf to the issues.
    Hence, as with most "leftie" issues, the entire argument is built on raw emotion, a tipper truck of ignorance, with a little bit of racism thrown in. The last bit of course, lefties are physically incapable of in their view ("I've fought racism all my life") whilst the rest of us are condemned to be actual human beings with all the natural instinctive baggage (including racism) that being human brings. But then they are better pigs as we all know.
    Total rubbish any killing with out being stunned is stressful and painful how about someone with a very sharp knife slashes your arm then you can tell me it isn't stressful or didn't hurt

    Got any pets a home when the time come to put them down would you allow them to be killed with a sharp knife ?
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

  6. #2776
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alec,

    Like a lot of folk, I'm comfortable with the fact animals have to die to reach my plate, regardless about how they get there. Most people whom object to Halal, do so from a point of ignorance about traditional slaughter, where animals are kept in awful conditions and frightened. The stun doesn't always work first time, meaning the animals are repeatedly stunned. For that reason, I'm not a huge fan of stunning, but I accept it is done.

    Traditional Halal (and Kosher), without stunning, in many ways is actually superior to tradition slaughter methods. The animals are not allowed to suffer, nor see the knife, this would make it haram, and unfit for consumption by any Muslim.

    In addition to this, lots of things are certified Halal, it doesn't mean an animal has been slaughtered. Food products with no animal product at all, for example.

    Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Thomas,

    the point about Halal slaughter is whether it is more stressful to the beast. Like so many things there is disagreement on whether it's throat is slit without stunning is more distressing. Personally I would say that it is. Jim says a lot of Halal slaugher is carried out after stunning, I don't know but that means there is no real difference.

    Alec
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

  7. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
  8. #2777
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anti Semitism is on the rise, but Islamophobia is in the main more popular, because racist trash have found a new way to hate people and dress it up as pretending to care about women's rights, homosexuals or halal.

    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Why do you only hear people moan about Halal meat not being stunned before slaughter when some members of the Jewish faith are responsible for the non stunning of animals before slaughter too

    Is it because its fashionable to hate on Muslims or is it because if you say anything against the Jewish faith you are anti semitic

    I say totally ban the practise because if most Jewish and Muslims can eat pre stunned meat they all can or they can turn veggie
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

  9. Thanks payno thanked for this post
  10. #2778
    Senior Member payno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    birmingham
    Posts
    4,984
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as they follow our rule of law Thomas I say live and let live we just need to change our laws on slaughter
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

  11. #2779
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite, I have an issue with anyone breaking the law. Thankfully, we have the police and courts to deal with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    As long as they follow our rule of law Thomas I say live and let live we just need to change our laws on slaughter
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

  12. #2780
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Berlin
    Posts
    2,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    The home of Mercedes (Stuttgart) has now banned diesels from Euro 4 or lower from the environment zone. Euro 5 will banned in the summer.

    Over 80,000 owners are effected who live in this area plus all of the commuters who have diesels but I find all of this overblown nobody cared when cars without a Catalyst were banned. I lived in Berlin at that time and I had to park my old Land rover 3 km away, then I had to walk to my flat.

    At that time it was considered to be good for economics because so many people bought new cars although many of them were probably diesels which are now banned.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

    2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Page 278 of 312 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •