Page 284 of 310 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3098

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    On another matter...

My father's Mondeo, sadly appears to be on its last legs. The clutch, DMF, slave cylinder need to be replaced, and I'm looking at £650. In addition to this, the MOT is due in April. So God only know what might rear its head then.

On a car that is worth £400, I may be approaching the point where sentimental attachment, may need to be overruled by common sense. So I have a decision to make about whether to trade in the Mondeo, before the DMF fails, or get it fixed and keep it.

Anyhow, I looked at the price of insuring an 2004 XJ8, verses the price of insuring a diesel 2005 XJ6. The XJ8, is cheaper. Despite having considerably more performance. Insurance companies really do make it up as they go along. 
    Buy him an old Honda my mom has had hers since new in 2008 it has never let her down once
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

2. Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a very kind suggestion, thank you. However, he's been very deceased for the past three and a half years, so he wouldn't be able to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Buy him an old Honda my mom has had hers since new in 2008 it has never let her down once
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a very kind suggestion, thank you. However, he's been very deceased for the past three and a half years, so he wouldn't be able to drive it.
    Im sorry Thomas trust me to put my big foot in it you do have my sympathy
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

5. Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem at all, you weren't to know. Zero offence meant, and none whatsoever taken.

Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Im sorry Thomas trust me to put my big foot in it you do have my sympathy

7. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread tidied, this is a family friendly forum. Let’s keep it civil please.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

9. Thanks Thomas Hayward, payno thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas,

The truth is, I'm of only a few thousand people who have lived with people of many nations in amazing countries and built good business and personal relationships with them, not the ever-accusing "defenders of the foreigner" who never left Blighty or Yurrup.

So chill.

The Chinese declared yesterday that they will build a permanent base on the back side of the moon.

What do you think that's for if they are allowed to do it, in conjunction with their renewed intention to "re-unite" Taiwan "even by force if necessary"?

Friends, are they?

Building 6 new aircraft carriers each capable of supporting 450 warplanes. Hmmm. None so blind as will not see?

For those who don't understand the word, a "Bigot" is anyone who has a strong conviction. You either do or you don't. It's accurate of the vast majority of all people when we do have any principle or belief.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who's driving it Thomas? It's always terribly sad to lose it, but does it need to be replaced?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jim,

I've been all over the world. Leaving Blighty and travelling alone is some of the best fun I've had. I want to visit Iran this year.

I'm not sure what danger there is to China building a base on the moon. It is, as far as I am aware, not populated by anyone. So it's not for anyone to say they can't do it. If Russia, US, and European Space agency are of the same mind, they can and will, build their own.

Also, it makes space travel to other destinations in the future, more feasible. Presently, space travel, requires huge amounts of thrust and therefore, fuel, in order to escape earth's gravity. If some way can be found, to build and launch from the moon, Mars, et al, become more likely.

China may well be building new carriers, but they aren't doing anything that a superpower wouldn't. With regards to Taiwan, this isn't new rhetoric. They've been saying the same thing for 50 years, and had plenty of time to carry out the threat.

I'm more concerned by things they're actually doing, like arresting Muslims and putting them in re-education camps. There should be sanctions for that (in my opinion).

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Thomas,

The truth is, I'm of only a few thousand people who have lived with people of many nations in amazing countries and built good business and personal relationships with them, not the ever-accusing "defenders of the foreigner" who never left Blighty or Yurrup.

So chill.

The Chinese declared yesterday that they will build a permanent base on the back side of the moon.

What do you think that's for if they are allowed to do it, in conjunction with their renewed intention to "re-unite" Taiwan "even by force if necessary"?

Friends, are they?

Building 6 new aircraft carriers each capable of supporting 450 warplanes. Hmmm. None so blind as will not see?

For those who don't understand the word, a "Bigot" is anyone who has a strong conviction. You either do or you don't. It's accurate of the vast majority of all people when we do have any principle or belief.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been driving it since he passed away, it's my run-around. Well, not so much run-around, I've put 27,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Who's driving it Thomas? It's always terribly sad to lose it, but does it need to be replaced?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been driving it since he passed away, it's my run-around. Well, not so much run-around, I've put 27,000 miles on it.
    If its sentimental I know I would repair it and keep it for many years.

If it were mine I'd get another and let it go.

Soppy sometimes aren't we.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 04-01-19 at 11:43.

Page 284 of 310 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast