Page 286 of 312 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3115

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    Not directly, no. However, we buy from Europe, and 35% of their gas comes from Russia.
    Works out to less than 1%
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    The manufacture and build up of weapons and weaponry around the globe is as inevitable as night turning to day, it's who we are, it's what the human race does and always has done ... fight! Always providing of course that one rogue militant warmongering belligerent doesn't decide to kick-off big time in which case night might stay as night for some ... and for a while!

Suffice to say that an estimated £75bn+ pa is reflected in global arms sales, added to which are the under-the-counter sales, and there is no one Nation, group of Nations, Institution or Organisation that is going to stop such activity. Hardly a huge percentage of overall world trade but the product is what's seemingly significant to both the producers and the purchasers without which many reliant economies would take a hit.

Oh, and incidentally, for the avoidance of doubt and in a nice family and friendly way to enlighten the unenlightened (of which there can only be a handful on here), in actual fact a bigot is a person intolerant towards those holding different opinions. One could be anything from an arms salesman, a political leader, a religious idol or even a retired ex-pat. It's not a disgrace to be one it's just often unedifying in both the eyes and experiences of others.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

3. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a Government estimate. I think they'd be unlikely to suggest it was more than that (and quite wisely too).

Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Works out to less than 1%

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    That's a Government estimate. I think they'd be unlikely to suggest it was more than that (and quite wisely too).
    I get my facts from this site Thomas https://www.carbonbrief.org/factchec...me-from-russia
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    The Russian gas that makes up what the UK use, cannot be quantified. Hence the Government estimate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Payno,

from Centrica, Russia supplies just over one third of Europe's gas, and Europe supplies nearly one half of the U.K. gas, so the 1 % doesn't add up. However should Russia stop supplying Europe for whatever reason that must impact the supply to the U.K. Certainly during cold weather the U.K.'s gas supply is strained with all normal supplies working. Cold weather normally means that wind generated power is minimal and solar also, so gas which is the biggest generator of power can struggle. Coal presently can back that up but our government intends to shut down that lifeline.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently this was "Fat Cat Friday" where most of the bigger MD's have earned enough money in the first few days of January equal to their workers average pay for the year.

Royal Mail's boss for one...
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

9. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it or hate it ... that's capitalism for you.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    When you take into account Russian reserves of oil and gas if they decide to turn the taps off (has been done previously ) there might be nothing in our pipeline ��
    So then... We start a war to get some!?

Post Thanks / Like
    He's spot on, isn't he?: https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...illy-connnolly

Shame we have unthinking idiots like Stella Creasy braying. She's not the only one, we should demand that they open their houses to them, pay their support, then we can let everyone in.

What say you, Oh Wise Ones?

Page 286 of 312 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast