Page 290 of 303 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3030

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jim,

that's why I said splitting hairs, but countries have their own cultures and characteristics which I don't see the E.U. having. Certainly the fundemental aim of the E.U. as it is now called, is to homogenise all countries in the bloc and have common laws etc. A supranational power that overides a country's authority.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Germany is really unprepared for the Brexit. A lot of firms don't know what to do as the government is not offering advice.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46798281.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    So really what the EU wants is The united states of Europe?..Not countries in their own right ?

Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Jim,

that's why I said splitting hairs, but countries have their own cultures and characteristics which I don't see the E.U. having. Certainly the fundemental aim of the E.U. as it is now called, is to homogenise all countries in the bloc and have common laws etc. A supranational power that overides a country's authority.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    So really what the EU wants is The united states of Europe?..Not countries in their own right ?

... is the correct answer Peter!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Germany is really unprepared for the Brexit. A lot of firms don't know what to do as the government is not offering advice.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46798281.
    That doesn't surprise me one jot Ducmon.

I truly believe that the arrogance of the European Commission is such that they are expecting the UK to give into all their demands and fall in line, even with clauses that do not suit us.

It will go to the wire, with or without Mrs May in Office, and half of me is hoping that the end decision is 'no-deal' just to see the utter chaos that will spread across the EU ... as opposed to the UK who are at least making an effort to prepare for 'no-deal' - no thanks of course to the buffoons across all parties who are making the whole thing increasingly political.

Maybe a 'no-deal' Brexit will at long last illustrate to EU citizens just how crass and disdainful their so-called 'leaders' really are in their highly paid jobs supposedly running Union business.

Certainly a 'no-deal' Brexit will be initially chaotic simply because of lack of preparation, but it will be more harmful to the EU than it will be to the UK ... both in the long term as well as initially.

Those in Brussels simply do not get it.

As has been quoted before on here I think ... 'there are none so blind as those that will not see'.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

6. Likes ducmon, Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are forever going on about the lorries blocking up the motorway to Cover but can any body tell me if the French have done anything to prepare for this scenario. They would have to protect the lorries against "refugees" as they would have lots of time to climb on board . Every lorry coming out of the EU will have to be checked to illegal passengers which would me total chaos on the French side of the channel.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ducmon,

I believe there is a lot of preparation going on with a strong recruitment drive for extra personnel for all the various checks required.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    A good point ?...You never see refugees smuggling themselves OUT of the UK into Europe do you ?..

Post Thanks / Like
    Could this be the first death linked to pollution in the UK ?
    https://news.sky.com/story/possible-...ution-11605267
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Payno,

how can this be determined with any real accuracy?
    Also how is it that it was never suggested, or if it was, it was not acted on, in the three years before her death with repeated hospital visits in that time that air quality may be a factor?
    My mother suffered throughout her life with asthma and my father asked the doctor what he could do to make things better. The doctor's advice was to move to the seaside where the air shoul be better for her than Glasgow's.

Alec

Page 290 of 303 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast