Page 291 of 382 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3815

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Payno,

how can this be determined with any real accuracy?
    Also how is it that it was never suggested, or if it was, it was not acted on, in the three years before her death with repeated hospital visits in that time that air quality may be a factor?
    My mother suffered throughout her life with asthma and my father asked the doctor what he could do to make things better. The doctor's advice was to move to the seaside where the air shoul be better for her than Glasgow's.

Alec
    I don't think here are any parameters set up to check if the air quality has any significance in these cases yet Alec after all this is what the coroner needs to look into and it is his job to determine the how and why of deaths
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Payno,

yes, I know but I don't believe that he will be able to determine how much influence the ambient air had, it's far too complicated and would require a lot of research to do so. I'm sure air quality will improve but wonder what will actually be achievable for such large cities? The sensible thing is to not live there if there is a doubt that it is detrimental. I think it depends a lot on the physiological response of individuals, some will be affected and others will not? People should take action themselves is basically what I was saying.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    A good point ?...You never see refugees smuggling themselves OUT of the UK into Europe do you ?..
    Actually, that is quite common, but not newsworthy.

Illegals in this country cannot easily leave without detection through normal channels, so they smuggle themselves out & back in again if they want to visit family etc. who are on mainland Europe.

Then you have wanted people who need to leave undetected, gangmasters who are into facilitation who want to move from the UK to Europe & back again, those who have been granted 'leave to remain' who will have this rescinded if they then travel abroad, and a few other categories as well.
    2007 XJ diesel Sovereign
    KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Ducati Supersport S

4. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Payno,

yes, I know but I don't believe that he will be able to determine how much influence the ambient air had, it's far too complicated and would require a lot of research to do so. I'm sure air quality will improve but wonder what will actually be achievable for such large cities? The sensible thing is to not live there if there is a doubt that it is detrimental. I think it depends a lot on the physiological response of individuals, some will be affected and others will not? People should take action themselves is basically what I was saying.

Alec
    To be fair what we believe is irrelevant but as this happened close to a pollution measuring station at least they have the relevant data to hand and asthma has been studied for decades I also expect that asthma v pollution has at least a few years behind it by now
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Russia rattling there sabres at us again http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...2w?ocid=SNYDHP
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if they are illegally why smuggle yourself out just to smuggle yourself back again ?. Why not
    Do the right thing and apply through the proper channels ? And qualify for citizenship ?????

8. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    Well if they are illegally why smuggle yourself out just to smuggle yourself back again ?. Why not
    Do the right thing and apply through the proper channels ? And qualify for citizenship ?????
    Their motives were varied. I'm just telling you what I learned from personal experience.
    2007 XJ diesel Sovereign
    KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Ducati Supersport S

Post Thanks / Like
    Owl! Are you admitting here that you a smuggler as you are going on personal experience.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Owl! Are you admitting here that you a smuggler as you are going on personal experience.
    Ha! No, but I arrested a few.
    2007 XJ diesel Sovereign
    KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Ducati Supersport S

12. Likes Rowley_1812, ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Russia rattling there sabres at us again http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...2w?ocid=SNYDHP
    Indeed more women put in front as puppet speakers.

Does Russia really believe they can expand their own military and naval coverage without balancing measures?

I'm very relieved that we are considered such a power and that we seem to have the resources still. Long may that continue.

And we know what the Chinese are up to too.

Page 291 of 382 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast