Page 3 of 310 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Any comments chaps?
    Well they had an American fella on the news this morning who is staying put on the 19 floor of a high rise but says he will be fine as his fridge is well stocked with Chinese takeaway / burgers and beer
    now what possibly could go wrong
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Any comments chaps?
    Been through it already.

Back in 1995 we were living in Antigua when hurricane Luis decided to park itself over the island for 36 hours.

We had a basement hurricane shelter built in the house and spent those few days there. It sounded like an old steam engine sitting on us. When we surfaced, our car, a Toyota Crown big and heavy, was in the swimming pool. The island had been devastated. Coconuts were flying through the air like missiles according to our friends and work colleagues. Corrugated roofs were slicing anything apart that got in their way and most of the roads and communications were washed out.

It took years to recover but the islanders took it all in their stride.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Well they had an American fella on the news this morning who is staying put on the 19 floor of a high rise but says he will be fine as his fridge is well stocked with Chinese takeaway / burgers and beer
    now what possibly could go wrong
    Didn't mention his play station, what's he gonna do.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

4. Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anybody read the comment from Tony Blair on immigration. He is saying now that it could be limited even if Britain stayed in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...to-stop-brexit.

does he not reliese that this against EU rules of free movement. This means that this would never be implemented so it is just hot air to try and his is confusing everything again like he did with Iraq with his spin.

I used to enjoy reading the Gaurdian and it was good paper but now it is too biased for my taste

He is history now and should have the decency to respect the will of the majority but then again he never did even when he was primeminister.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

6. Likes Fat Boy Slim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Did anybody read the comment from Tony Blair on immigration. He is saying now that it could be limited even if Britain stayed in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...to-stop-brexit.

does he not reliese that this against EU rules of free movement. This means that this would never be implemented so it is just hot air to try and his is confusing everything again like he did with Iraq with his spin.

I used to enjoy reading the Gaurdian and it was good paper but now it is too biased for my taste

He is history now and should have the decency to respect the will of the majority but then again he never did even when he was primeminister.
    Isn't this what David Cameron asked for before the Brexit vote an the EU told him to p off
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

8. Likes Fat Boy Slim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blair cannot seem to get it through his thick skull that the people of the UK have decided to leave the EU. I don't know why the papers bother to give him column inches. The man is wasting everyones time.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

10. Likes ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post
    Blair cannot seem to get it through his thick skull that the people of the UK have decided to leave the EU. I don't know why the papers bother to give him column inches. The man is wasting everyones time.
    Unless someone publicly kicks him hard in the arse he still has influence and he's bucking our democracy.

As far as I'm concerned he is guilty of Treason against this country for a second time and should be locked up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Slim View Post
    I have noticed that as some members get agitated, they start to make it personal. Big mistake. By all means attack the message in very strong terms or make an outrageous comment but do not insult the member personally.

I know we are all guilty of "loosing it" at times but yes, this is a liberal forum and we do get to stretch the boundaries. The only issue I have is that I missed the comments that got them banned. It's like missing the ending to a good film and being told what happened third hand.

Tony
    The ending was quite swift with Ian posting that there would be 7-day bans but then the thread was taken down so I don't know what happened after that (perhaps Ian would like to let us know.....?). Anyway, as you know there was quite a bit of history between reddiesel and Emma and basically Emma "lost it" after being called or maybe implied that he was an imbecile - he posted a tirade of abuse (I won't repeat it) deliberately miss-spelling rude words and that is just not acceptable on a public forum. So, rather that tidy the thread it was completely removed so that was why you had the "Do not have privileges" message.

As regard having missed the comments you'll just have to imagine naughty words with $ signs instead of the letter S...........Oh and as regards missing the ending to a good film I can tell you what happened in 'Titantic'.......the ship sank!
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't get that. I've seen that film about 4 times now and it sank every time. You'd think they would have realised by now that there was a lump of ice in the way.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    The ending was quite swift with Ian posting that there would be 7-day bans but then the thread was taken down so I don't know what happened after that (perhaps Ian would like to let us know.....?). Anyway, as you know there was quite a bit of history between reddiesel and Emma and basically Emma "lost it" after being called or maybe implied that he was an imbecile - he posted a tirade of abuse (I won't repeat it) deliberately miss-spelling rude words and that is just not acceptable on a public forum. So, rather that tidy the thread it was completely removed so that was why you had the "Do not have privileges" message.

As regard having missed the comments you'll just have to imagine naughty words with $ signs instead of the letter S...........Oh and as regards missing the ending to a good film I can tell you what happened in 'Titantic'.......the ship sank!
    Thanks, still doesn't make up for missing it.

Are you sure the Titanic sunk or was it a conspiracy thing and like Elvis, they are all alive and well?

Tony

Page 3 of 310 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast