Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323
Results 3,221 to 3,224 of 3224

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    The UK government are missing the most obvious trick in the book here and with whole Brexit palava !!!!
    Whatever the EU try to implement on the the UK then the UK reciprocate...! Including tariffs...Fishing rights . Immigration.travel.taxes.etc.etc.etc..
    Simple ?
    Unfortunately,two wrongs do not make a right!

What HM government need to do is to take the moral high ground and defend our rights in these affairs,and then open talks up to gain an improved position.
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    Another manufacturer leaving the UK?

https://news.sky.com/story/honda-to-...ctory-11641154
    If you look closer into this, not many people have been buying Honda cars for a while now, less than 1% of total sales in Europe. Why have a whole factory over here if not many are buying them.

http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/honda/
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    If you look closer into this, not many people have been buying Honda cars for a while now, less than 1% of total sales in Europe. Why have a whole factory over here if not many are buying them.

http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/honda/
    Very good point but more job losses for the UK none-the-less

Japanese car manufacturers need good reasons to remain in manufacturing in the EU as they now can import directly without tariffs. Did the agreement with the EU still restrict numbers or is the market fully open?
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Spanish incident confirms the nationalist attitude of the Spaniards and their increasing intolerance of foreign residents that friends who have homes there told me about.

Sad, but it shows they too are ready to exit from the control of the EU dictators and their Empire.

We don't expect a war or such hostilities but the hostility is definitely present in many EU member states against each other. They keep quiet because of EU money only. What happens when our contributions stop?

As for car manufacturers, they are each producing hundreds of thousands of cars, so is it surprising that they have caused saturation and need to shut down production every few years? They've done that before, haven't they. And I think it will continue every few years unless they reduce their production.

Especially with the current uncertainty caused by daft EU emissions scandals, buyers are holding off.

I think by 2022 our car strategy should be clearer and the European manufacturers won't give up on our market easily.

But yes it's sad again for our workers.

An increasing but poorer population is not as good as we might think.

Oy Vay!

Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323