Page 403 of 403 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403
Results 4,021 to 4,022 of 4022

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jim,

it's their real reason because it makes no sense to build costly and more difficult to run nuclear generators instead of fossil fuel ones when the fuel for them is plentiful from their own sources. You say they have been inspected, no doubt they have, of sites the Iranians want inspected. I don't trust them an inch.

The situation in the U.K. is entirely different and if we are going to expand our baseload capacity then nuclear is one very good way. Unfortunately we are still wasting money on renewables to the detriment and discouragement of investment in essential gas power stations. This policy can only end in tears eventually.
    The government is trying to find an alternative way to fund nuclear, which is an expensive and long term investment given the complication and the long duration of construction. Sizewell is being discussed and possibly a re think on Wylfa Head.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Jim,

it's their real reason because it makes no sense to build costly and more difficult to run nuclear generators instead of fossil fuel ones when the fuel for them is plentiful from their own sources. You say they have been inspected, no doubt they have, of sites the Iranians want inspected. I don't trust them an inch.

The situation in the U.K. is entirely different and if we are going to expand our baseload capacity then nuclear is one very good way. Unfortunately we are still wasting money on renewables to the detriment and discouragement of investment in essential gas power stations. This policy can only end in tears eventually.
    The government is trying to find an alternative way to fund nuclear, which is an expensive and long term investment given the complication and the long duration of construction. Sizewell is being discussed and possibly a re think on Wylfa Head.

Alec
    I notice there is now a Sizewell C. Not sure when that crept out. Is this part of the possible plans you mention?

Page 403 of 403 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403