Page 486 of 487 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487 LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 4861

Thread: Breaking News

Post Thanks / Like
    No need to go on the defensive Stewart, thankfully most of us have progressed with the times but there's no going back ... times were very different in the 60/70's ... I would like to think that most of us on here understand that .
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

2. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    Do you have to do this yourself or can this be contracted out ?
    As far as I know it only works if you're a New Lord High Executioner.

No harm in giving it a go I don't suppose tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    No need to go on the defensive Stewart, thankfully most of us have progressed with the times but there's no going back ... times were very different in the 60/70's ... I would like to think that most of us on here understand that .
    I certainly was not being defensive, but stating how it was, as you imply in those days, mild discipline seemed to be effective.
    Now, the world has moved on , and us old timers shrug and watch as the generations following us do things their own way.
    The world is my lobster!
    Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
    Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) Pug RCZ 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
    Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple Pug 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
    Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartw View Post
    ... us old timers shrug and watch as the generations following us do things their own way.
    As your seniors did to you when you were young, and their seniors before them, all the way back to the start. (I'm sure you know this but some people seem to think that generational change is a recent thing.)
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Previous cars going back through time:
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is that today's parents just seem to let their offspring run wild.

We have two kids in the family next door to us and they are allowed to scream,squeal and shout all day,bounce on the garden trampoline pointing and staring into our living room with no punishment whatsoever.Their mother just swears at them,so of course they swear back at her.

On our recent flight out to Portugal,upon arrival at Faro's Border Control,the family ahead of us had a toddler who was allowed to wander around the arrivals hall with it's mother following! If it had been our child,it would have been scooped up,a slap administered to the nappy area and it would have been held firmly.This one was last seen sat on the floor blocking the exit.....

These two examples of 'modern parenting' demonstrate just how badly the next generation are being brought up,did not happen when we were bringing our kids up!
    So 'generation change' really does happen....
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

7. Likes piman, payno, Poundy, Zero123, S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is way cool.

This is the drivers seat on the Queen Elizabeth ship.

The ship is the later model with the more reliable gearbox.

This is the Jag they have on board. I don't know why. Why not.

For comparison, this is the coolest Tesla I could find.

Jaguar wins.

9. Likes S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    This is way cool.

This is the Jag they have on board. I don't know why. Why not.

I have a friend who drives the three wheeler!
    A write off would be about $100,000,000.
    The world is my lobster!
    Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
    Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) Pug RCZ 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
    Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple Pug 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
    Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

11. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    Problem is that today's parents just seem to let their offspring run wild.

We have two kids in the family next door to us and they are allowed to scream,squeal and shout all day,bounce on the garden trampoline pointing and staring into our living room with no punishment whatsoever.Their mother just swears at them,so of course they swear back at her.

On our recent flight out to Portugal,upon arrival at Faro's Border Control,the family ahead of us had a toddler who was allowed to wander around the arrivals hall with it's mother following! If it had been our child,it would have been scooped up,a slap administered to the nappy area and it would have been held firmly.This one was last seen sat on the floor blocking the exit.....

These two examples of 'modern parenting' demonstrate just how badly the next generation are being brought up,did not happen when we were bringing our kids up!
    So 'generation change' really does happen....
    The biggest problem I find with the younger generation is "why are they taught to question everything ?"
    ....My generation accepted advice freely ..(whether we acted on it is another matter ..?.We certainly DID NOT argue back ?)....And I was told to respect my elders and always respect people in authority !!...( Teachers ...Police officers etc ?)...

Imagine that eh ?

13. Likes E30MW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There used to be a bumper sticker for "boomers" that read: "Question Authority"...

The problem with the current younger generation is that they don't accept what the older generation says without cross-checking the answer on their ****** iPhone...
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

15. Likes E30MW, Peterthejagman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Type Owner View Post
    There used to be a bumper sticker for "boomers" that read: "Question Authority"...

The problem with the current younger generation is that they don't accept what the older generation says without cross-checking the answer on their ****** iPhone...
    I remember years ago when the Internet was in its infancy... a Japanese director was visiting our work place and our manager asked everybody
    " How do I say hello ..Good morning in Japanese ?" ..
    Thinking it would be a nice gesture ....No one knew ...
    One of the I.T..geeks said ..."Google it " ....

The director came in and the manager said to him .... "Google it " and shook his hand ..

17. Likes E30MW, S-Type Owner liked this post
Page 486 of 487 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487 LastLast