Page 549 of 549 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549
Results 5,481 to 5,487 of 5487

Thread: Breaking News

  1. #5481
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    1,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    She is not standing for a further term anyway.
    They'll miss her ?


    Like a hole in head ?

  2. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
  3. #5482
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way the others stand up synchronised on the end of the word 'goodbye' is a thing of beauty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post

  4. #5483
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the end of that speech the speaker woman says that the word 'hate' was used and "we should not hate anyone, any nation, or any people".

    She didn't to mention self appointed union powers, so we're all good.

  5. #5484
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    1,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is it with people ?...


    I believe you can tell people anything these days ....And they will believe it.
    Cavity wall..
    Diesel
    Coal
    Oil
    Solar panels
    Smart meters
    Electric vehicles
    Self drive vehicles
    Global warming
    Etc ...Etc...Etc..

    Then !....It all changes ?

    Now.......Wood burners are bad !

    Ha .....But didn't we already know that .....?...I remember smokeless zones ....In the 1960s

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51581817

  6. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
  7. #5485
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    What is it with people ?...


    I believe you can tell people anything these days ....And they will believe it.
    Cavity wall..
    Diesel
    Coal
    Oil
    Solar panels
    Smart meters
    Electric vehicles
    Self drive vehicles
    Global warming
    Etc ...Etc...Etc..

    Then !....It all changes ?

    Now.......Wood burners are bad !

    Ha .....But didn't we already know that .....?...I remember smokeless zones ....In the 1960s

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51581817
    I was in Cambridge today and roads were blocked off because people were protesting against climate change, so maybe it will stop soon.

    Hope so because I used more diesel than I would have to get round the diversions.

    Why not protested in the park and do the planet a favour.

  8. #5486
    Senior Member stewartw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wild Western Spain & Costa de la Luz
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post

    Why not protested in the park and do the planet a favour.
    Because a fanatic for any cause is rarely persuaded by reason or logic, or the rule of law for that matter!
    The world is my lobster!
    Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
    Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) Pug RCZ 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
    Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple Pug 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
    Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

  9. #5487
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    3,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartw View Post
    Because a fanatic for any cause is rarely persuaded by reason or logic, or the rule of law for that matter!
    Funny thing was, they all looked a bit cold.

Page 549 of 549 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •