Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pollution and other Scaremongering Money Spinner Scams

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rowley,

I would agree but the efforts we are making are ineffective and expensive. In other words we are wasting our time and more importantly our money which politicians are happy to spend.
    Can you imagine a world where we curtail all our businesses, retreat to a much simpler life, consume as little as possible, i.e revert to a primitive way of living?
    Some may well welcome that but if you put it to a vote?

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geothermal energy bring released in vast quantities: http://www.euronews.com/2017/09/25/t...heart-of-earth

We REALLY can't keep up with our planet's own powers.

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't know that they are ineffective Alec, that's the whole point.

If it's geothermal energy then so be it Jim, let's harness it.

But surely we as parents are obligated to do our best to try and protect the future for our children's children's children.

Is that really too much to ask?
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    The long term effects on the Earth in general is one argument that does not seem to have any evidence either way Jim. It could be argued both ways.

Where there is definitely evidence that vehicles are having an effect is with NOx gases and deaths in relation to vehicles in built up heavily populated areas of the World.

http://www.apis.ac.uk/overview/pollu...erview_NOx.htm

Because of the above, I think that we are intelligent enough to be aware of those dangers and use technology to lessen the effects. Why would we not?
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we are not only affecting climate but affecting Earths future.

Recent TV documentaries have reveled that man was created by extraterrestrial visitors by genetically modifying existing earth creatures, after the extermination of the dinosaurs. Man was used to mine minerals and build great tourist attractions for the aliens. I hadn't realised this.

Since the extraterrestrials left, man has been arguing as to who was the best visitor from the heavens. There's the proof.

So you see, we are not native to this planet and we are left here with finite resources using them up at a fair rate.

Eventually we will find a better planet and live there, and that will solve things for the time being.
    2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always maintained the Planet Earth is the "Biggest polluter". Everything that is mined, drilled for, used has already been part of the make up of the planet, we all know you cannot destroy energy or make new, it's all energy stored in some way at some point that is being re-released if it comes out of the ground. Two or three decent volcanic eruptions at once and life as we know it will stop.

We are still "between ice ages" and the planet will get warmer until it creates enough cloud cover to reflect the sun's warmth and then cools down to turn all of this cloud cover in to ice at which point the cycle begins again. Has done since we have land and sea. So no I absolutely do not believe burning coal, or derv, or petrol, of Avgas, or Jet fuel, or the crap they burn on container ships has any bearing whatsoever on what the planet is doing. We are releasing things that were already there.

As regards London's "new" laws relating to pollution. Well. London is a power house. There is always construction going on there, it's a known "belief" that if you are in to construction and in London there will always be work. There are cranes everywhere. There are holes being dug everywhere. These sites are all served by Derv driven kit. Full stop. These site use materials dug out from the planet by Deisel powered vehicles, turned from ore into steel by Electrical furnaces powered by power stations that are fed from stuff dug out of the planet. Even Plaster board and concrete, the fibres and materials we use for wall coverings and decorating, it all came out of the ground. None of it comes from shuttles from the asteroid belt, it's all home grown.

If Khan wants to hurt London's economy then he is making the right moves because all that will happen is that the cost of construction work will rocket to cover all of his fines and fake taxes. And some people will decide it simply isn't worth it. A few already have.

The other "Unique" thing about London is that it sits in an area where frankly there's not a massive amount of air movement to spread the results of combustion. Three days last week the "Switch Engines Off" banners were lit up. I happen to know the air that my bike ingests comes out of the exhaust cleaner than the muck the air filter sucked in, just with a bit more CO2 added.

And I really do wonder what the effect of all these wind farms are having in the air currents that naturally flow. It's all energy, if you remove some of it to turn fans, what happens afterwards? Is it "less windy" in the lee of a wind farm?

Same with solar panels. If you convert the suns energy away from warming the planet and create shade where before there was none, then again you are introducing air movement that wasn't there before, there's energy being diverted again. Is it cooler under a solar panel? TBH it's probably naff all effect, because there's a lot of wind and a lot of sun energy, more than enough to go around, in fact some of it is going around so fast it's taking roofs off buildings.

But I've said it's all a scam for years now. There's absolutely nothing to see here regarding pollution. I'll believe there is when I start seeing no greenery. But in London for example, there's more greenery than ever before. It's thriving. Green plant life everywhere.

I'm not sure, but I believe AVGAS is still leaded?
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

7. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rowley,

"We don't know that they are ineffective Alec, that's the whole point."

To be specific I am referring to wind and solar power. They are ineffective. Are you aware that thermal stations continue to run whether they are feeding the grid or not? ( I do not include open cycle gas turbines in that category, they can be stopped and are quick to get back online.)
    Germany is a good examplke, since 2010 they have spent 800 billion Euro on green power, their Energievende programme and it is a failure. It is not acheiving the Co2 reduction they wanted, although Merkel's decision to shut down the nuclear fleet is a further handicap, most of their power, through necessity, is brown coal power stations. For the whole of January this year Germany was hanging on a thread with regard to grid capacity due to still and cloudy conditions meaning their renwable section produced little power. This is the undeniable and unavoidable downside to renewable energy. The only benefit is to the investors of that industry and the owners who reap the subsidies.
    You may have seen newspaper articles about offshore wind being cheaper than nuclear and that a solar farm without subsidy is being built, neither are actually true.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

9. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    We don't know that they are ineffective Alec, that's the whole point.

If it's geothermal energy then so be it Jim, let's harness it.

But surely we as parents are obligated to do our best to try and protect the future for our children's children's children.

Is that really too much to ask?
    Yes! when it's paying fines for using a car in London.

That money will Not be used for your future, will it!!

On the global scale when it's so clear that none of our personal efforts can have any effect whatsoever on our atmospheric temperature, the money would be far better spent on other services and infrastructure that our kids will not have because of this insane plottery.

Let's help our kids, not idiotic environmentalists who tell us we can have an effect just so we think it's within reach, to fund them, and certainly paying fines for combustion engined cars is a pisstake. Boot the idiots Out!

You Can all have an effect! - put that £10 per day in a bank account for your kids/grandkids and tell the idiotic environmentalists and that idiot Khan that they are just that - idiots!

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 01-10-17 at 13:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nota Bene!

This info will not be findable when you want it, I've demonstrated this before!

Two black holes collided 1.8billion years ago, forming one with over 50 times the mass and gravitational pull of our sun...

http://www.euronews.com/2017/09/28/s...tational-waves

Do we really need to know that? We funded it!

So? Yes, I needed to know that, to be able to give you even more evidence that these things are All Beyond Your and My Control!

Presumably 1.8 billion years ago we weren't here, nor anywhere nearby.

Perhaps this planet wasn't here. Our moon?

You look it up.

I'm outa here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lost it,

Yes, AVGAS is still leaded, I don't think they felt it was necessary or even desirable to put catalytic convertors on aeroplanes?

Alec

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast