Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Pollution and other Scaremongering Money Spinner Scams

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piman;1151967]Hello Peter,

I think you need to define offend or offense? In my eyes I would be offended if some said something derogatory and untrue to me directly.
    When I hear Jeremy Corbyn start to speak I just shut off and ignore what he has to say knowing we are polar opposites in view.

Sadly it's not my place to define offended of offense ?..But the Oxford English dictionary defines it as "a perceived insult " so basically if someone "percieves " that they are insulted then they are offended !....
    My point is .....Does that mean they are right ?... (Discuss)

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peterthejagman;1152034]
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Peter,

I think you need to define offend or offense? In my eyes I would be offended if some said something derogatory and untrue to me directly.
    When I hear Jeremy Corbyn start to speak I just shut off and ignore what he has to say knowing we are polar opposites in view.

Sadly it's not my place to define offended of offense ?..But the Oxford English dictionary defines it as "a perceived insult " so basically if someone "percieves " that they are insulted then they are offended !....
    My point is .....Does that mean they are right ?... (Discuss)
    IMO free speech includes the right to offend AND the right to be offended, but not necessarily the right to remedy over differing views of a subject. Ad Hominum attacks and direct personal insults excepted.

3. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Peter,

I think your quote from the dictionary broadly agrees with my view, a percieved insult, i.e it is directed to a specific person.

Right is another difficult concept. In simple cases it can easily be discerned but a lot of circumstances it can be anything but.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

5. Likes Peterthejagman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spot on piman !...Not an automatic assumption !!! Of.... "I'm offended so I must be right and you're wrong ?"

Post Thanks / Like
    So you mean nobody should be offended unless s/he is right... Oh now I see!

I'm very offhanded from time to time but I'm not offended when it's not intentionally offensitive, so I'm rarely offendified even when I'm feeling offendible! And that's on a good day!

And I'm only right if I say so.

Most often when I don't, I still am, by default, since we need to keep our guard up against pretend offendibles, right?

See, I'm right again!

Ee by gum, I'm enjoying this one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Jim you lost me on this one what are you trying to say ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jim, Thanks for researching and sharing useful info, Your post makes me think that we are not damaging our planet, then why the atmosphere has been changed, why there is more pollution than 10 years before?

10. Likes Peterthejagman, Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on who has the empirical proof that the above two things are happening.

I get up fairly early in a morning, live by the sea, I don't see the horizon being blotted out by pollution any more these days than I did 22 years ago when we first moved down here, and I've worked in the centre of London and only on very few days when there has been an inversion directly over the city have I had a problem with the pollution there.

And, you know, we are very small and the atmosphere is VERY BIG.
    Last edited by Lost it; 14-01-19 at 12:58.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    Sorry Jim you lost me on this one what are you trying to say ?
    Just having a laugh, Peter. Bit of Humour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallbrown View Post
    Hey Jim, Thanks for researching and sharing useful info, Your post makes me think that we are not damaging our planet, then why the atmosphere has been changed, why there is more pollution than 10 years before?
    Hi bud.

I don't know if you're old enough to have lived in the 50s and 60s when we had steam trains and houses belching smoke, and that turned into Smog every cold night? Just like Jack the Ripper nights. I couldn't see my hand if I stretched it out in front of me sometimes, and if I was out I ran to get home before I lost my way.

Once I had to feel the house walls for half a street to get home. That was scary.

We stopped all that.

Then we were led to buy diesels, because they were cleaner than petrol cars, and initially diesel fuel was a little cheaper even though it was only half the price of petrol on the continent. Manufacturers spent lots of time and money on performance to make them attractive so more of us would buy them.

Then diesel fuel slowly crept up until it became more expensive.

Now we're the scapegoats for pollution. And we have to pay for it.

Again.

And again.

Have you been to Athens in summer to know what pollution is? I have, one week every month for 5 years.

London does not have pollution. It is laid on us by people waving metres and saying we must reduce to zero.

They lay on guilt propaganda.

Yes we do have emissions, but per car they are far lower than diesels of the 70s and 80s belching smoke.

Car numbers have increased hugely, many families have 4 or more, 1 per parent and 1 for every kid.

What are the real culprits doing to reduce? Not much, it gets piled on us because we turn over and pay.

Plastic infestation in our seas? From us?

That's incomprehensible. Until you learn that we have been paying ships to take it away instead of dealing with it ourselves. So it's not so far-fetched to work out they dump it mid-ocean and come back for more, since it's saving them money too. Then you find evidence - one ship was caught doing that several years ago.

Global warming/cooling?

Cyclic, it's been happening for millions of years. Scientists compete and contend, solar winds, sunspots trigger dramatic cooling, we are nearer to the sun periodically...

Yet "they" dump responsibility and guilt on us, telling us we can really prevent a global average temperature rise by 1 to 2 degrees Celsius - if we are charged more and pay more.

Remember the Ozone layer hole?

More scam.

Sorry. I don't buy it. We will never affect our planet's behaviour, one day it will roll over and throw us off to balance itself if it needs to. We weren't grown here, we were planted.

Check it out for yourself, and let's chat about what you find.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 15-01-19 at 04:51.

14. Likes Peterthejagman liked this post
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast