Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990

Thread: Pollution and other Scaremongering Money Spinner Scams

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh steady on, Peter, agreeing with me is dangerous ground!

I don't know if they are throwing any money at it yet Pete?

They'll do their damnedest to get money from us first.

It turns out the reason they are closing our coal fired power stations is that they will be breaking EU law by 2025!? And that will mean fines if we're still in Yurrup! A great reason to Brexit asap!

Maybe that's one of Theresa's motivating factors, despite her being unable to think up or get a team to think up a decent proposal to negotiate and still being intransigent. Daft incapable incompetent that she's turned out to be.

So brace yourself, we'll all be paying multiple CO2 surcharges by then!

The mind of the sensible analyst (me!) just can't take that in, pay a charge to "compensate" for driving our diesels, for flying, for cruises, for train usage... nor that nobody is telling the people who are proposing these surcharges or fines or guilt settlement payments to... Fly off and get a proper job! The French darn well would! And will.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 18-05-19 at 14:31.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Oh steady on, Peter, agreeing with me is dangerous ground!

I don't know if they are throwing any money at it yet Pete?

They'll do their damnedest to get money from us first.

It turns out the reason they are closing our coal fired power stations is that they will be breaking EU law by 2025!? And that will mean fines if we're still in Yurrup! A great reason to Brexit asap!

Maybe that's one of Theresa's motivating factors, despite her being unable to think up or get a team to think up a decent proposal to negotiate and still being intransigent. Daft incapable incompetent that she's turned out to be.

So brace yourself, we'll all be paying multiple CO2 surcharges by then!

The mind of the sensible analyst (me!) just can't take that in, pay a charge to "compensate" for driving our diesels, for flying, for cruises, for train usage... nor that nobody is telling the people who are proposing these surcharges or fines or guilt settlement payments to... Fly off and get a proper job! The French darn well would! And will.

Well our local authorities are definitely throwing money at it ..Here in Newcastle upon Tyne they want to put tolls on the road bridges over the river Tyne ... They say it's an environmental charge aimed at reducing air pollution and call it a clean air tax ?.....(still not convinced charging people a fee to use their vehicle reduces air pollution or cleans the air ?..?If it does I'd be interested in knowing how ?)..

I believe the local authorities have hit an all time low ...Now they want to tax the air we breathe ?

3. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jim,

"Incinerating our waste would cause pollution that would kill many falcons kestrels owls and the like (there's a falcon calling from a neighbour's TV antenna right now! It's all happening here!)"

A hundred years ago, probably but today's furnaces are very clean apart from 'CO2 pollution' of course.

We continually bury vast amounts of waste that, albeit of not all of high calorific value, will burn and could generate power, something we very much need.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

5. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    Well our local authorities are definitely throwing money at it ..Here in Newcastle upon Tyne they want to put tolls on the road bridges over the river Tyne ... They say it's an environmental charge aimed at reducing air pollution and call it a clean air tax ?.....(still not convinced charging people a fee to use their vehicle reduces air pollution or cleans the air ?..?If it does I'd be interested in knowing how ?)..

I believe the local authorities have hit an all time low ...Now they want to tax the air we breathe ?
    Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me
    'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
    Should five per cent appear too small
    Be thankful I don't take it all
    'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
    If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
    If you…

Now my advice for those who die
    Declare the pennies on your eyes
    And you're working for no one but me.

Songwriters: George Harrison

Taxman lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

7. Thanks payno, fat controller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Live version with Eric Clapton on two guitar solos and some additional lyrics - with even more taxes:

"I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

9. Thanks fat controller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You leave them bees alone! Or I will send the hit squad from the girl guides around to deal with you. 🙀

11. Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Type Owner View Post
    Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me
    Should five per cent appear too small
    Be thankful I don't take it all
    'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
    If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
    If you…

Now my advice for those who die
    Declare the pennies on your eyes
    And you're working for no one but me.

Songwriters: George Harrison

Taxman lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Revolver and rubber soul ...2 of my most favourite albums ever !

13. Likes Zero123, S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been working on a technology I'm calling integrated gasification combined cycle, or IGCC.

It can be used to remove 90% of all CO2 from fossil fuel power stations and is based on methods used in the fizzy drinks industry.

I'm gonna pump this captured carbonation through mile-long straws that reach deep into the Earth's crust, into salt mines, aquifers and oil fields. Underground, the pressure will liquefy it and perhaps eventually turn it to rock.

Go me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Jim,

"Incinerating our waste would cause pollution that would kill many falcons kestrels owls and the like (there's a falcon calling from a neighbour's TV antenna right now! It's all happening here!)"

A hundred years ago, probably but today's furnaces are very clean apart from 'CO2 pollution' of course.

We continually bury vast amounts of waste that, albeit of not all of high calorific value, will burn and could generate power, something we very much need.

Alec
    Alec that's tongue in cheek, I'm satirically quoting the idiots who are against burning anything, including our barbecues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    You leave them bees alone! Or I will send the hit squad from the girl guides around to deal with you. 🙀
    Jeez ducmon! Fortunately I haven't seen any girl guides in CY but they must exist.

Do they still wear stockings and suspenders as a special request when hired for mothering old fogies?

As for the bees...

They are chewing my new wood now, the little carpenters!

And one or more still buzzes me now and then. They don't seem to be in the table top now though.

Do they lay their eggs in the holes they chew out in the wood and then seal it and disappear elsewhere instead of staying with their brood?

Or am I still thinking St Trinian's girl guides aged 20+?

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990