Page 1 of 98 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pollution and other Scaremongering Money Spinner Scams

Post Thanks / Like

Pollution and other Scaremongering Money Spinner Scams

I'm getting very wound up by "scientific" revelations that we are killing our planet, trying to scare us into supporting and funding scatter-brained "save our environment", "save our planet","You are causing it" schemes whose Only purpose is to continue providing money to support "researchers" who would otherwise become unemployed, through laying Guilt at our feet.

Well I've done a bit of digging into Scientific Research and here are My findings, with evidence that this planet cannot be even slightly affected by us in comparison to its own immense internal energies and external forces which have been moulding and moving it for Millions of Years.

Here are evidence of Magnetic and Atmospheric data alone.

My diesels have never poisoned anyone and my breathing only poisoned my girlfriends and wifey. And they are still with us.

So as far as I'm concerned, in 2,000 years the next magnetic flux reversal is going to throw us all off and.. I won't care!

If that doesn't happen look at the depth of our atmosphere... 6,000 Miles - Vertically! We are a mere 6 ft tall!

Here you go...

Planet Dolan...

Earth's magnetic field changes north to south every 200,000 to 300,000 years.

Evidenced by changes to the sea beds over millennia. Therefore dramatic violent effects on sea tides and earth's surface. Bollox to us polluting causing any significant permanent effects.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fe...eReversal.html

Depth of earth atmosphere...

Estimated 10,000km (6,200 miles)

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/s...e-layers2.html

So for every single square mile of England's green and pleasant land there are 6,000 cubic miles of atmosphere above it!

Tell 'em to go suck on a diesel exhaust.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 29-09-17 at 12:27.

2. Thanks Jonno thanked for this post
    Likes stanboy, Jonno liked this post
    Dislikes DrFutura disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon that the 'earth' has been around for a fair few years,it seems to me to evolve on a constant basis,so I fail to understand how 'we',who are only here for a short period of time,can cause the amount of 'damage' that is claimed by the so-called 'experts'.

A large dose of salt is needed,hang on,did'nt some expert say salt is bad for us?

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,
    Nothing winds me up more than all the tree hugging, climate change weirdo's banging on about this. To be honest and blunt speaking here then if I had my way then any member and/or supporter of organisations like Friends Of The Earth or Greenpeace would be rounded up and put in front of a firing squad at dawn. I'm totally sick of having climate change and global warming forced down my throat at every opportunity as a means to raise "so called" Green taxes which do not actually do anything.

Taking the XJ out now for a spin down to Halfords for some paint for my narrowboat front well deck.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

Truly immaculate 2004 XJ 350 - V8 in Jaguar Racing Green which sparkles in the strong sunshine.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you Boys are discussing this Topic , I was only reading today that Sadiq Khan is intending to outlaw the use of wood burning
    stoves as we'll as being granted new powers to deal with Diesel Excavators on Building Sites and Boats on the Thames .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Funny you Boys are discussing this Topic , I was only reading today that Sadiq Khan is intending to outlaw the use of wood burning
    stoves as we'll as being granted new powers to deal with Diesel Excavators on Building Sites and Boats on the Thames .
    He's just a political animal, chasing popularity and applause. Not a thinker at all.

What's going to happen when heavy vehicles are restricted to the point that construction is delayed unreasonably?

Will he attack London's underground next?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    He's just a political animal, chasing popularity and applause. Not a thinker at all.

What's going to happen when heavy vehicles are restricted to the point that construction is delayed unreasonably?

Will he attack London's underground next?

To be honest Jim its a no brainer for a Politician in his position , I believe this toxicity charge is due to start soon for Diesel
    Vehicles made prior to 2006

Post Thanks / Like
    What gets to me is, Nobody is on the streets trying to prevent it, yet thousands of cars need to be in London every day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this Uber situation is far from finished , little mention in the Media about the funding Khan received from the Black Cab Association
    during his Mayoral Campaign

DevonDavid
    Well - I don't think that £30k from the GMB is quite the same as "funding from the Black Cab Association". Many Labour MPs receive support from the Unions, just as many Conservative MPs receive funding from business sources. Nothing new there !!

I agree that there's a discussion to be had about the "gig economy" and whether the Ubers, Deliveroos, and others which use "self-employed" workers in circumstances which are more about evading tax and NI etc are legitimate or not but £30k doesn't buy much these days !!

Edit - Just did a quick "google". Zac Goldsmith declared an income of £10m during his London Mayoral Campaign. £30k would not have dented that much would it.

PS - I voted Conservative so not grinding any axes here.
    Last edited by DevonDavid; 29-09-17 at 19:03.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on David give old Red a break , I could have mentioned the money he is going to hand over to Hackney Cab Owners in the proposed scrappage
    scheme , £5000 per vehicle . Zac Goldsmith is little more than a Dilettante , do you remember his father launching the Magazine called "Now " ? Owing to
    Printing Issues and the Age of the News inside some christened it " Then ." I was an avid reader of it as a kid .

Page 1 of 98 123451151 ... LastLast