Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1220

Thread: Lesser News

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's what I call profit. The car cost about £3100 in 1957.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 112K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    In 1957 an average working bloke earned £6 to £8 per week, that's around £400 per year.

So £3,100 was 8 years' salary.

He got it as a bonus gift on top of his earnings for winning for MV Augusta, well earned and a credit to MV Augusta for rewarding him.

If we say £20,000 per year today, an average sports car at 8 years' salary would cost £160,000.

Yes lots of profit. Good-oh. As long as someone will pay more in the future. And I'm sure someone will.

John Surtees had fun and earned a good living and fame, and was backed by men with money.

But others like Vincent van Gogh and many others died poor, struggling to make a living, and to me it's vultures making profits from those peoples' struggles.

Post Thanks / Like
    So... Where are we now, chaps?:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...-dead-12932690

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jim,

too many remainers pull;ing in the wrong direction. The decision was made two years ago, all M.P.'s now should be working for the good of the country and Brexit. Those that don't should be fired.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Jim,

too many remainers pull;ing in the wrong direction. The decision was made two years ago, all M.P.'s now should be working for the good of the country and Brexit. Those that don't should be fired.

Alec
    Starting with Anna Soubry.......
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

6. Likes Poundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    all M.P.'s now should be working for the good of the country and Brexit. Those that don't should be fired.
    How do you fire somebody who has been elected?
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Previous cars going back through time:
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

Post Thanks / Like
    Ask (tell) her to resign from any official government post she holds, along with the rest who are trying to derail the democratic decision of the people.

I feel even now, that had the referendum been to remain or renegotiate staying terms, if any Brexiteers had tried to derail then I would want them kicked out too.

Democracy is just that, govrrnment by the people, and this is a one-time and last time in most peoples' lives they have even smelt it and these rats are trying to take it away.

Blair is the first I would lock up for both this and for taking us into the Iraq war against the will of the Gullible British Public.

My age group are lucky to have had a real vote two times in our lifetime.

I can't see future politicians allowing one again, since it's caused so much disruption and discord, can you?

Democracy died with the Griks of 3000 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surely a valid sign of a democracy is that people are allowed their views to be heard. Shutting people up or removing them is not in keeping with a fair, democratic, lawful nation. Anyway, enough of politics ...

If it is accepted that a a return of the hard border in Ireland is not possible, the patently obvious that so far the practical problem of managing the non-border in Ireland has no workable solution. Without this we have stalemate. Until the government can actually put forward a solution that people can get behind, major dissent will continue to exist.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are solutions to the border between NI and ROI,but they will come at some cost and will need co-operation with the ROI.

Incoming traffic to the ROI,both vehicle and pedestrian,will need asking at the point of entry into ROI if they intend to travel on into either NI or UK,if so,then suitable customs checks will be needed.These travellers can be flagged up by customs to be checked again as they leave ROI/NI.

Small price to pay to be shot of 'rule from Brussels'!
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    Incoming traffic to the ROI,both vehicle and pedestrian,will need asking at the point of entry into ROI if they intend to travel on into either NI or UK,if so,then suitable customs checks will be needed.These travellers can be flagged up by customs to be checked again as they leave ROI/NI.
    That sounds like solid solution. Why is the Government having so much trouble then
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122