Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,434 of 1434

Thread: Lesser News

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    I simply don't accept that foxes have killed all those cats. At night I've seen my cat outside when there is a fox about and both look but neither even approach each other - and my cat's a scaredy-cat!
    They didn't say the foxes killed them all as the vet said they died from blunt force trauma and reckoned they had been hit by a car and then the fox sat down to dinner as evidenced from DNA left in the bite marks
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    They didn't say the foxes killed them all as the vet said they died from blunt force trauma and reckoned they had been hit by a car and then the fox sat down to dinner as evidenced from DNA left in the bite marks
    Moi?

"I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    " Sharon Taylor was left unable to drive her low carbon emission one litre Peugeot 208 after the DVLA clamped it because she hadn't paid her road tax - despite the car being exempt

Ms Taylor called the DVLA and says they told her the car was untaxed and that she had been clamped as she had an outstanding bill of zero to pay.

She said: "My car is below the carbon emission level so there is no value to my road tax, I told them this.

They said I should have 'paid' it on their website anyway and said I could receive a fine that may be up to five times the amount of my road tax

And they actually sent me a bill for it, saying I owe then five times zero "

" A DVLA spokesman said: The law requires that a vehicle licence must be renewed on an annual or six-monthly basis.

This applies to vehicles which have a nil rate of vehicle tax, meaning they do not attract a payment "

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...x-car-clamping
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - Bowers & Wilkins 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - Computer Active Technology Suspension - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with Dynamic Route Guidance and Traffic Information System - Adaptive Cruise Control - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

Post Thanks / Like
    You still have to apply for vehicle tax even if the vehicle is exempt:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-vehicle-tax
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144