Page 174 of 182 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1815

Thread: Lesser News

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Thomas,

this is rare, is sounds as if both of our views of Mr. Musk are aligned?

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alec,

Whilst we seldom agree, it's always respectful.

He's a very clever man, but a complete and utter bellend. He broke the law and expected to get away with it.

The crazy thing is, he had an even better offer (initially) from the SEC, but threw his toys out of the pram. So he's ended up with an even worse deal. The infantile twunt. 😂

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by piman View Post
    Hello Thomas,

this is rare, is sounds as if both of our views of Mr. Musk are aligned?

Alec

Post Thanks / Like
    I think running himself ragged, working his fingers to the bone and trying to get by on a couple of hours sleep a night doesn't help his decision making.

I can relate to that
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Now what do you make of this madness?: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46144557

Post Thanks / Like
    Sour grapes in spades. Democrats in the States are generally seen by conservatives as being "soft on crime," but this is a dangerous way of making your point; it borders on judicial misconduct.
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's one that annoys everyone, well, almost. I suspect the arbitrators are not so affected.

Fly-tipping clean-up costs £50m as incidents rise
    56 Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60
    2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    Onboard Vapour Recovery System | Leather Steering Wheel
    Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper | Side Repeat Flashers

7. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's pure selfishness and laziness. If you have a car in which to dump things, you can drive to your local tip. Lousy twunts

Post Thanks / Like
    It really makes you blood boil when you see this dumped, we are in a small village which gets more than it's fair share of late night fly tipping, luckily it is soon removed but that doesn't help with the cost implications of doing so.

The councils need to set themselves up better for disposing of stuff, when we renovated our last house it was very difficult to know what was allowed in the skip. Our local tip does not allow plasterboard to be taken there and the skip hire people said it could be put in the skip if in rubble bags but there would be a charge of £10 a bag, you don't get much plasterboard in a rubble bag lol! Fortunately there is a another tip that takes it but it involved hiring 2 skips to go to different venues. It is also difficult to take stuff that doesn't fit in the boot because no vans or utes are allowed by joe public.
    When you take away the ability of the rubbish owner to dispose of it at the tip themselves and put them at the mercy of hiring a rubbish removal van to do it for them, there is always going to be a high risk of profiteers fly tipping. If Councils got more up to speed on their disposal services they may cut the massive cleaning up costs they are getting stuck with. I watched a recent program where one site alone had to be cleared at a cost of over £100k and that had been tipped in just a matter of abut 3 weeks, of course who is there available to police this sort of crime now?

In Australia all vehicles were passed over a weighbridge and charged accordingly to weight and load a 6x4 trailer flat load of average weight would cost eqv about £10 There were large recycle skips for every kinds of waste, mulch chippers etc where you could load up garden mulch, wood chips etc for a small fee.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    I am lucky here our local "council tip" is really good and not expensive. Over they years that I have been renovating our house I have been there with tons of rubble, and other more nasty stuff like asbestos. They have a system where you pay by weight or the cubic metre. They have about 20 skips which you throw the sorted rubbish in.

I still pay the private person rate rather than business due to careful use of the odd glass of honey for the staff's breakfast.

They rather that you bring it too them than throw it into the forest.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    It really makes you blood boil when you see this dumped, we are in a small village which gets more than it's fair share of late night fly tipping, luckily it is soon removed but that doesn't help with the cost implications of doing so.

The councils need to set themselves up better for disposing of stuff, when we renovated our last house it was very difficult to know what was allowed in the skip. Our local tip does not allow plasterboard to be taken there and the skip hire people said it could be put in the skip if in rubble bags but there would be a charge of £10 a bag, you don't get much plasterboard in a rubble bag lol! Fortunately there is a another tip that takes it but it involved hiring 2 skips to go to different venues. It is also difficult to take stuff that doesn't fit in the boot because no vans or utes are allowed by joe public.
    When you take away the ability of the rubbish owner to dispose of it at the tip themselves and put them at the mercy of hiring a rubbish removal van to do it for them, there is always going to be a high risk of profiteers fly tipping. If Councils got more up to speed on their disposal services they may cut the massive cleaning up costs they are getting stuck with. I watched a recent program where one site alone had to be cleared at a cost of over £100k and that had been tipped in just a matter of abut 3 weeks, of course who is there available to police this sort of crime now?

In Australia all vehicles were passed over a weighbridge and charged accordingly to weight and load a 6x4 trailer flat load of average weight would cost eqv about £10 There were large recycle skips for every kinds of waste, mulch chippers etc where you could load up garden mulch, wood chips etc for a small fee.
    This is the very situation we have - more and more things are being charged for to be disposed of at the local recycling centre, where not so long ago it was free to domestic users. Councils say that this is because they are having to make cuts, but in my opinion this is one of those cuts that you are never going to save any money by doing - all you are going to do is shift the costs onto another balance sheet, as rather than paying to dispose of the waste that people have brought voluntarily to your disposal site, you are now having to pay for staff and vehicles to go around and clear up/collect dumped waste and then you are paying to dispose of it anyway.

The argument that government funds are not a bottomless pit does not wash with me at all - for all the taxation we are paying in, not one public service is up to scratch. You could argue that our payments of tax to the government forms a contract where we are paying them to supply their services, and bluntly they are in breach of contract.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

12. Thanks payno thanked for this post
Page 174 of 182 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast