Page 286 of 289 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2887

Thread: Lesser News

  1. #2851
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    These foolish dreamers have had enough warnings, they're on borrowed time:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49289460

    The sensible people will stay at home. But all of them will lose their freedoms through the stupidity of these.
    .
    The constitution already allows Chinese military action:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49148762

    "...
    The Basic Law - Hong Kong's mini constitution since the UK handed the territory back to China in 1997 - is very clear. Chinese military intervention can only come at the request of the Hong Kong government, and for the "maintenance of public order and in disaster relief"
    ..."
    .
    They've got 5,000 personnel based there and I'm amazed they've held off for so long.

    I can't see that lasting much longer, international public opinion is not a motivator to China.

    .

  2. #2852
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here we go, the Chinese military are mobilising as predicted:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-49330848

    They will probably be there tomorrow and the fools should flee while they can.

    .

  3. #2853
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    This man is thinking on another, higher level:
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/14/pol...nts/index.html

    Can someone please translate, I'm not getting it?

    .

  4. #2854
    Senior Member Zero123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    5,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    This man is thinking on another, higher level:
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/14/pol...nts/index.html

    Can someone please translate, I'm not getting it?

    .
    Ah well, it all started with Adam and Eve and their sons and daughters...........surely they committed incest?
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

    2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

  5. #2855
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    Ah well, it all started with Adam and Eve and their sons and daughters...........surely they committed incest?
    .
    Ah, yes, I see, thanks.

  6. #2856
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now the truth emerges.

    Of course we knew this already.

    The Iranian tanker was boarded and seized by our boys for the US, not for the EU:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49362182

    Wheels within wheels.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 15-08-19 at 14:32.

  7. #2857
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    2,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    This man is thinking on another, higher level:
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/14/pol...nts/index.html

    Can someone please translate, I'm not getting it?

    .
    I think he's trying to say a life is precious however it came to be. Since he wasn't able to communicate that too well, perhaps government is not for him.

  8. #2858
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another stupid unthinking egotistical fool:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49357442

    There are severe consequences in countries with these laws.

    He hasn't considered the plight of the bloke he exposed. If it's been filmed and published, the guy's career can be ended, he can be arrested, penalised, punished, deported, jailed for many years.

    An overall prize Pratt.

  9. Likes Victor liked this post
  10. #2859
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    2,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Another stupid unthinking egotistical fool:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49357442

    There are severe consequences in countries with these laws.

    He hasn't considered the plight of the bloke he exposed. If it's been filmed and published, the guy's career can be ended, he can be arrested, penalised, punished, deported, jailed for many years.

    An overall prize Pratt.
    Really? If you've spent time supporting people that in other countries would be persecuted by their governments, you'd be unlikely to go out of your way to respect them, especially if your audience are on your side.

    He accepts how his actions will be judged, but everyone reports having a good time anyhow.

    He only played a show there, I doubt it will make a difference to him if he sings there again or not.

  11. #2860
    Senior Member Jim_S-V6_2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    Really? If you've spent time supporting people that in other countries would be persecuted by their governments, you'd be unlikely to go out of your way to respect them, especially if your audience are on your side.

    He accepts how his actions will be judged, but everyone reports having a good time anyhow.

    He only played a show there, I doubt it will make a difference to him if he sings there again or not.
    .
    You missed the point entirely Blackie.

    The fool has exposed the bloke he kissed to the authorities there. Homosexuality is banned by law, remember? There are consequences.

    I quote:
    "Matt Healy, the frontman of Brit Award-winning band The 1975, has defied Dubai's anti-LGBTQ laws by kissing a male audience member during a gig.

    Fan footage showed Healy venturing into the crowd and kissing a man on the lips, to loud cheers, on Wednesday."
    ...
    "According to the Foreign Office, there have been reports of people being punished for homosexual activity in the UAE, particularly where there is a public element or the behaviour has caused offence. There have also been several arrests for heterosexual kissing in public."
    .
    Now they know the bloke he kissed, they can arrest him and do what they want to him as a lesson to others.

    Do you see now?

    Never underestimate other countries, never judge them by our soft western standards, never expect them to "do the right thing by showing leniency" in their own countries, it's Very dangerous to go against authorities and their laws.

    This was an offence, an affront.

    Look at Iran and Nazanin Zaghari languishing in jail. Look at Saudi and Khashoggi.

    There are hundreds of others who are in prison or have disappeared.

    British and American and other silly women have been arrested and deported from the UAE for wearing skimpy clothing, thinking it's OK or that they will "modernise" those states. Wrong.

    .
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 15-08-19 at 22:00.

  12. Likes piman liked this post
Page 286 of 289 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •