Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391
Results 3,901 to 3,908 of 3908

Thread: Lesser News

  1. #3901
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wilds of North Norfolk
    Posts
    5,666
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartw View Post
    Reluctantly, if we are unable to obtain our desires in the older establishments, we will enter their emporium and be satisfied.
    Twinge of guilt tarnished with practicality!
    These shops are amazing!

    There are several in Albuferra,including an underground cavern that would not meet UK fire regulations,packed to the rafters with all the stuff that you never knew you wanted until you see it!
    I needed a hand saw,found one for e2....it was only when I got it back to my apartment that I realised it was cheap for a reason,two of the three rivets securing the handle to the blade were MIA,an easy 'fix' by visiting the Chinese shop for a pack of 3mm nuts and bolts.....

    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

  2. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
  3. #3902
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    4,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ben and Jerry's ice cream makers have been having a Twitter war with Priti Patel over the boat people coming to the UK.

    B & J media team have condemned actions to try and stop them claiming it is inhumane to prevent people crossing in dangerous boats who want to leave France and live in England illegally.

    Although I have some sympathy for anyone stuck in France, I suggest we encourage B & J's to start feeding potential illegal immigrants with their ice cream until they're too fat and unwell to travel.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53741180

  4. Likes piman liked this post
  5. #3903
    Senior Member jberks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    Ben and Jerry's ice cream makers have been having a Twitter war with Priti Patel over the boat people coming to the UK.

    B & J media team have condemned actions to try and stop them claiming it is inhumane to prevent people crossing in dangerous boats who want to leave France and live in England illegally.

    Although I have some sympathy for anyone stuck in France, I suggest we encourage B & J's to start feeding potential illegal immigrants with their ice cream until they're too fat and unwell to travel.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53741180
    It's all part of the Marxist dogma that says we shouldn't have borders or Nations. All part of the moron mindset that, as I've said a great many times, lacks the capability to understand basic human behaviour, what drives us and therefore also lacks the ability to self analyse and see the floors in their own logic. They're basically the same as flat earthers and conspiracy theorists. They are incapable of understanding something (or don't like what they hear) so instead come up with their own fake narrative.
    Never got it myself, but seems to give them comfort, which is fine, only they're starting to try to inflict their screwed up ideas on the rest of us.
    Ben and Jerry are a perfect example. A large, wealthy 'capitalist' conglomerate who assume moral superiority by dictating their ideals to the world whilst never putting themselves at risk of the downsides of their ideas. As with all left wing ideologies, it's always someone else that has to pay the price.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury
    2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux

  6. Likes piman, Jag-Black liked this post
  7. #3904
    Senior Member jberks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    2,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    @jberks - I've discovered recently a bloke on youtube called Ben Shapiro.

    I've got about half hours data so far and I seem to be routing for him.

    I can't work him out. The head gear suggests he's Jewish faith and his words sound right wing?

    Does you know much about him. He seems like an underdog, and I like that.
    Just seen this.
    Yes I like 'most' of what Shapiro says. His famous line is 'my facts don't care about your feelings' - which pretty much sums up the left vs right argument these days. That said, there are aspects I disagree with him on. As an American he's supportive of the 2nd amendment - the most damaging piece of legislation any nation ever inflicted on itself and he has some religiously derived morals which are problematic, but it is pleasurable to watch him tear a rabid leftie to pieces with simple facts and logic.
    Others I like are Charlie Kirk, Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris. For those that don't know them, Peterson is a psychology professor and Harris a neuroscientist, not sure what Kirk is. It's funny how those that study how we think, come out on the 'right', but to be fair, that's only because the left has gone so extreme, people we'd previously describe as centre right are now considered far right.

    The problem is, what is right and left? Most 'far right' racists hold the same economic views as Corbyn and most 'right wing' speakers like Shapiro or Peterson are pro freedom but are equally strong anti racists. I don't think the term means anything any more.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury
    2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux

  8. #3905
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    4,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jberks View Post
    Just seen this.
    Yes I like 'most' of what Shapiro says. His famous line is 'my facts don't care about your feelings' - which pretty much sums up the left vs right argument these days. That said, there are aspects I disagree with him on. As an American he's supportive of the 2nd amendment - the most damaging piece of legislation any nation ever inflicted on itself and he has some religiously derived morals which are problematic, but it is pleasurable to watch him tear a rabid leftie to pieces with simple facts and logic.
    Others I like are Charlie Kirk, Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris. For those that don't know them, Peterson is a psychology professor and Harris a neuroscientist, not sure what Kirk is. It's funny how those that study how we think, come out on the 'right', but to be fair, that's only because the left has gone so extreme, people we'd previously describe as centre right are now considered far right.

    The problem is, what is right and left? Most 'far right' racists hold the same economic views as Corbyn and most 'right wing' speakers like Shapiro or Peterson are pro freedom but are equally strong anti racists. I don't think the term means anything any more.
    I have similar reactions to yourself to these people. I have listened to a lot of Peterson too. He's ok but his delivery can be a bit know it all. He has C-19 now.

    I see the right as admirers of British culture and have respect for themselves and others. The far right being the same but no respect for other races.

    Left is simply how to be selfish. Well, that's what I see.

  9. #3906
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    1,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...shirt-22514062

    Funny ?..No one complained or asked me to pull my string vest down over my speedos when I went shopping ?

  10. #3907
    Senior Member stewartw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wild Western Spain & Costa de la Luz
    Posts
    1,810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...shirt-22514062

    Funny ?..No one complained or asked me to pull my string vest down over my speedos when I went shopping ?
    They just point and laugh when I wear my budgie smugglers and tank top in the supermarket.
    S'pose it might be 'cos my bird is the dwarf variety.
    The world is my prawn!
    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
    Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
    Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) Pug RCZ 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
    Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple Pug 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
    Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

  11. #3908
    Senior Member Rowley_1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Jct 6 M25
    Posts
    1,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...shirt-22514062

    Funny ?..No one complained or asked me to pull my string vest down over my speedos when I went shopping ?
    Hmmm, yes, I think I'd steer well clear of such a snazzy dresser as you, mainly for fear of my person being meddled with or some other unseemly event occurring.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •