Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving from XF for F-Pace...

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it's all about having a thorough test drive or deciding if you can live with it (for a hefty discount).

To round of my story, I'm not getting an F pace. I found a gorgeous XJR, just over a year old, with only 7.5k miles on the clock. I pick her up next week. Sure, it won't get up many muddy hills but the kids can look at videos of the countryside on youtube.
    Glacier White XJR (2016) 5.0 S/C V8

Previous Jag History...
    Black 2009 XF SV8

2. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car the XJR, congratulations. Pictures of course are a must!
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    I changed from XJ Portfolio , pre ordered F Pace and now had the car for 18 months
    3-0 diesel which returns nearly 40 mpg urban and nearly 50 on long runs
    I have had an XF with this unit as well as the XJ, I find it is fast enough and quiet.
    Incontrol pro is a must, I have never used the parking aid but the 360 cameras are good if parking in tight spots.
    Rear view mirror blind spot is useful, I would not waste money on the head up display though
    If you are carrying 4 adults and luggage you will have to remove the parcel shelf but can then get 4 full size & 4 smaller cases if the smaller of the rear seat backs is folded
    The only problems I have had is the Traffic speed sigh recognition is totally unreliable (see earlier post under my name)
    Apart from that I am pleased with the car, it looks good, goes and handles well and has good traction in snowy conditions

5. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So grumpy Bear I found you. I left the x351 fold for a Volvo and you get an Fpace!
    I didn’t last long with the s90 T6 and am now back in an x351. You seem to be doing somewhat better in the Fpace.
    I tried to love the Fpace but the Magna ride is as bad as the Volvo.I also loathe CarPlay and the incontrol pro seems to be similar to the Volvo sensus.
    Anyway I’m in another x351 long wheelbase now and loving it. I had the 3 litre s/c specced to S 380 hp and it is beautiful beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now covered 15K miles in 3-0 S diesel with no mechanical problems at all
    The only problem with the car is that the traffic sign recognition system does not read the illuminated signs on motorways
    A Jaguar engineer tells me it is a known problem withe the frequency of the led's in the signs conflicting with the refresh rate of the camera on a few cars but Jaguar CRC deny this
    This information came from one of the top guys in the electronics dept at Gaydon.
    This is annoying because the car is very high spec and it should work properly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12