Thread: My 2007 Slate Grey XKR in Scotland

Post Thanks / Like

My 2007 Slate Grey XKR in Scotland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110080.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	25407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090742.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	25408

I have just been reminded that I hadn't got any pics of our XKR on the site, so here's a couple from our NC500 tour in June.
    2007 Slate Grey 4.2 XK-R Convertible
    Jagwrangler one touch roof and rear windows mod. Rear spoiler antenna and boot lid amplifier upgrade. Fuse 19 switch installed discretely below dash/steering wheel. Red stuff brake pads. Replacement white "R" caliper decals.

2. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, but isn't it time to put it away for the winter

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 119K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, lovely ride

Hope you enjoyed the NC500 and Scotland?

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hats off to you Rhyl , a Jaguar being used the way it should be and in amongst the best scenery Britain has to offer .
    How does it compare to Wales scenically and how did you find it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Scotland and North Wales both have fantastic scenery but for different reasons.
    The NC500 was a great drive although I did find that a lot of the roads on the West were single track adorned with rented motorhomes with broken door mirrors travelling at 20mph, or large continental coaches in the middle of the road. The scenery is breathtaking and the main roads, open and flowing.
    My favorite parts being the drives up the Bealach na ba pass to Applecross and then the views across to Sky as you continue up toward Cuaig. Then the road from Ullapool up to Durness.
    If I was to go again I wouldn't go in the tourist season as the roads would hopefully be quieter.
    We did start our journey over on the East coast and we drove the Old Military Road up through Glenshee, Lynemore onto Inverness. That lived up to it's reputation for both scenery and the lovely flowing road that the car could really enjoy.
    The scenery in North Wales is craggier, more condensed, where Scotland is over a larger geographical area.
    Snowdon is a good run from Betws Y Coed, Capel Curig through to Llanberis, especially out of tourist season.
    Some of the main runs around the Bala, Trawsfynydd, Dolgellau areas are both scenic and flowing but again carry a lot of traffic.
    I find that off the main links the roads are tighter, twistier unless you go up onto the moors.
    Both are beautiful areas, North Wales has everything but in a smaller package, whereas in Scotland everything is on a much bigger scale.
    Simple things like finding an ATM, shopping centre or petrol station in the Highlands can be "fun" while you know in North Wales they're never more than a few miles away.

Next trip is already planned for Feb18 up around the Isle of Bute, really looking forward to it.
    As for hibernating the car over the winter period, no, no, no!
    Those lovely dry cold days, wrap up warm, seat heaters on, roof down and a day out with a pub lunch with a log fire. Can't beat it
    Jagwrangler one touch roof and rear windows mod. Rear spoiler antenna and boot lid amplifier upgrade. Fuse 19 switch installed discretely below dash/steering wheel. Red stuff brake pads. Replacement white "R" caliper decals.

7. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Rhyl and thank you so much for that .

Post Thanks / Like
    After much searching I found the photos and I have to say, I am sure she will look good in Slate Grey, shame the photos do not give a good representation of the true colour. Same colour as my STR.
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100910.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	604.7 KB 
ID:	29762

Neville,
    As we've already agreed the slate grey does make our cars look gooood !!
    Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Most definitely!!
    Currently enjoying:
    2007 XKR Convert. Frost Blue, Ivory leather. 32k
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey, Dove Grey leather. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 64k.
    1999 XKR Convert. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 79k.
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convert Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convert Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017: 2009 Green XKR convert. 28k miles.Mar to July 2018