Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Never ever thought about looking at these.

Post Thanks / Like

The photos of those two straps on eBay look identical to me.
    2008 XJR + sun roof + soft leather + ACC + retrofit: burr walnut interior trim
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2007 X-Type 3.0 SP Auto + retrofit: walnut dash & gear knob + rear sill protectors + mudflaps + Al powerwash crucifers + memory powerfolds

"We're gonna build those nimbys back to the stone age" - General Curtis Le Sajid Javid

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ward View Post
    Just had an email from Dave Manners. The price on the website is wrong. They're actually £104.96 +postage.
    Order cancelled.
    I'll take one off and see about making some up myself.
    Blimey looks like I was lucky then, my two from David Manners back in Feb this year were £13.02 plus vat for each side.
    The pair including new bolts and washers, pin hinges and delivery was £48.74 all in.
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org

3. Likes Alec Escolme liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't too happy when I got the email. I've seen on another forum someone else had the same issue and that was back in May.
    They're still on their website at £13. Not good enough really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm. I thought that there was something in trading standards saying if something is advertised at that price they have to sell it at that price. Like when stuff is wrongly priced in supermarkets e.g. they have not removed the old price label on the shelf. Just thinking ????
    Jaguar X350 XJR Freeflow SS Exhaust. / Jaguar X308 XJR

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately not. If the order has not been dispatched they can cancel the order.
    They should have amended the price on the website though.
    They've now lost a customer but I doubt that they'll be bothered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had another email today from Dave Manners to say that they will be updating their prices on their website in the next few weeks.
    But didn't answer my question as to why the price of the straps had more than doubled in price since February.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the spec had been improved fair enough - like galvanised and then painted properly !!
    Fleet manager (!!) of: -
    XJ6 Sovereign 2007
    VW New Beetle 2009
    MG Midget 1500 1977
    MG TF 135 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just received this email from Dave Manners.
    Hi Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us with feedback on the current website.

I have looked at your query and I can see that in February ; C2C2028 and C2C6847, they were approx. £13.00 + VAT from our supplier Jaguar cars Ltd.

Every month we have price updates from Jaguar. In May there was a price increase but we are unable to update the current website, to reflect these changes or to update on level of stock on particular items. We are changing our website in the coming weeks which is the reason that the current website may be out of date.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. To ensure the price is the relevant price for you please feel free to call one of our sales team for up-to-date information.

I do hope to have your custom in the future and that you give us an opportunity in the future to meet your expectations.

Kind Regards

Simon

p.s As a gesture of good will I can offer them to you and the club members for C2C2028 £26.81 + VAT and C2C6847 £33.41+ VAT

Simon Oughtibridge

Sales & Aftersales Manager

cid:image001.jpg@01D26DA0.3F6DA170

Tel : 0121 543 1603

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123