Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: fault codes galore and some scary findings

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree jb parts desk enquiry to guarantee this pump doesn’t leak that’s a lot of fluid so hoping the further down you look there is no issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive spoken to jaguar Chichester and the modified pump does prevent back flow it is however 64.24 plus vat also on the part codes I submitted in previous thread they start c2z and not c22 apologies for the typo.
    i don’t plan to do any more mods other than change the pump on mine now I’m not going to replace c5 plug as unit is working washer bottle is empty and hoping washer bottle resolves
    if you investigate own vehicles and no damage in c5 I would recommend washer pump change and should be good to go anyone with fault codes may have to go down cjb and pump route if c5 plus has retained integrity could save a fortune
    regards
    simon

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a how to anywhere on changing the pump?
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven’t seen one poundy access through the wheel arch by removing covers and then should hopefully be clearer once exposed

5. Thanks Poundy thanked for this post
    Likes Poundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Front wheel off, remove clips + 1 x 10mm bolt and slide wheel arch cover aside. Pull pump out (held in by grommet).
    Doddle.

7. Thanks Simonhay, Poundy thanked for this post
    Likes Simonhay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the connector from the C5 socket on the CJB today and couldn't see any moisture or corrosion evident on it. It is difficult to site inside the CJB socket itself while all in situ, but feeling inside with a cotton bud lol! it all appeared dry and clean. I think for peace of mind I will sound out the dealer for the upgraded pump next time my car is in for service. Meanwhile I will keep the C5 connector checked occasionally
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Poundy that is good to hear I believe through putting our heads together we have a good diagnosis on this issue and hopefully prevent owners spending a fortune on mis diagnosis and part chasing
    glad yours is ok and yes washer pump change best option

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonhay View Post
    Poundy that is good to hear I believe through putting our heads together we have a good diagnosis on this issue and hopefully prevent owners spending a fortune on mis diagnosis and part chasing
    glad yours is ok and yes washer pump change best option
    Well done to you Simon for highlighting the problem and for coming up with a plan of attack. I'm sure members will benefit from your research and how to. Thanks Norman

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Norman for your kind words this forum is brilliant.regards simon

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011