Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: fault codes galore and some scary findings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Should just be able to press down to release Simon.
    When we tested mine it wouldn't release the key no matter what we did. My BIL popped the key in as an experiment and got rather concerned when he couldn't get it out again. (Thought he'd broken my car). I then tried and also couldn't so I cycled the engine and tried again - this time when I pressed it in, and it whirred back out.
    It was odd as the basic mechanism is the same as the one in my Freelander and that will release the key with another press, but, no idea why, the Jaguar one wouldn't let go.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi it’s not releasing I’ve taken spare key up car locks and unlocks fine but because smart key is in the dock won’t allow any power up using spare. Unreal pic of my cjb being uploaded next

Post Thanks / Like
    Zoom in on left had box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B48611BF-3E7F-4806-A0CB-94BDA2B6D09E.jpeg  

Post Thanks / Like
    With that plug, all bets are off.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonhay View Post
    Hi it’s not releasing I’ve taken spare key up car locks and unlocks fine but because smart key is in the dock won’t allow any power up using spare. Unreal pic of my cjb being uploaded next
    It says in this article that all keys must be present before CJB removal, then battery disconnect then CJB removal. Not sure if this may be relevant to the key recognition failure.
    https://www.drive2.ru/l/465955711617073243/
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys an update reverted cjb to old one key popped out of slot spoke to contact at jaguar and because I ordered a part it doesn’t come with the instructions and follow ups which are download needed of old cjb fit new cjb and recode car this includes coding the 2nkeys.old cjb fitted car starts car being dropped at jagcare Portsmouth Saturday and they will fit and recode the car for approx 250 quid which is very good value.i have learnt a lot here and thank everyone for their guidance I will update post jagcare next week with the recommend etc for those in this area once car back and sorted

7. Likes Poundy, Maca4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys car back from jagcare Portsmouth today all done no faults everything working fine. That is fit cjb code and recode the car and keys 270 pound. I had the cjb from jaguar at 500 pound. A very interesting piece of info which I will share once they email me there is a tech bulletin that explains how to fit 3 additional parts which is washer pump wiring and the c5 block which replaces the existing one with blockers to prevent water ingress how strange eh? I am currently finding a price for these parts and will post once I have the details it is the c5 plug where most of these faults sit as it is top left on cjb and closest to point of ingress where the loom comes down and where other members on this forum will see issues generated. Please do not go down a rabbit hole on diagnostics as the components listed which will not be all of them can sometimes diagnose as failure on the first module and not the cjb directly hoping this will drive cost down for those who are out of warranty.faults that can be shown are xenons park brake gearbox emergency brake assist dsc and also that which turns brake lights off. For those owners in hampshire area I fully recommend jagcare very friendly professional and honest service. If washer bottle is empty the water does not get into the system but also a low washer warning can indicate this issue. Hope this helps regards simon

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear Jagcare’s level of service and professionalism has not diminished since I last used them. Also glad to hear they got you fixed up.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks jimbov very impressed with them and I felt worth the recommend on here

11. Likes Jimbov8, Maca4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got it sorted simon, but am still at a loss as to why this is not a warranty claim. What warranty do you have with your car, looks like many facelift owners may get this problem at some stage.
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast