Thread: XF Portfolio: Wing mirrors/SatNav query.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face XF Portfolio: Wing mirrors/SatNav query.

Bought a new XF Portfolio 17 last week and Im still getting to grips with the various aspects of the instrumentation etc. A couple of questions if I may.

1) Auto folding wing mirrors: they seem to have a life of their own at the moment but Im obviously missing something!

They will fold/open when the engine is running by pressing the 2 x power buttons simultaneously , but what criteria does it use to fold/open the wing mirrors automatically when the engine stops/starts?

When I lock the car and return later I sometimes find the mirrors have folded automatically but sometimes they have remained in the open position. Sometimes they will open automatically when I switch the engine on, but at other times I need to open them by pressing the 2 buttons.

I read the owners manual but it isnt very specific at all regarding the wing mirrors.

2) SatNav: Much as Im impressed with the car in general the SatNav at the moment is leaving me underwhelmed to say the least.

Can this SatNav be set-up to recognise/announce speed cameras? Im not a boy racer by the way!,but prior knowledge of speed cameras is a real bonus, especially when driving in unfamiliar territory.

Many thanks in advance for any replies. They will be gratefully received.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, have just recently purchased my 2016 Portfolio, and haven't encountered the mirror problem. My previous one was a 2.2 Prem Lux, and mirrors always folded on locking, and unfolded when unlocked. Present one seems exactly the same, so would check with dealer. My present setup gives warning when approaching speed cameras, but, as it was like this from first use, am not sure if there is a specific setting for it, or just happens automatically. Sorry can't be more help.

3. Thanks Max Tout thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggy Park View Post
    Sorry, have just recently purchased my 2016 Portfolio, and haven't encountered the mirror problem. My previous one was a 2.2 Prem Lux, and mirrors always folded on locking, and unfolded when unlocked. Present one seems exactly the same, so would check with dealer. My present setup gives warning when approaching speed cameras, but, as it was like this from first use, am not sure if there is a specific setting for it, or just happens automatically. Sorry can't be more help.
    Many thanks for that DP ;my wing mirrors certainly seemed to have a mind of their own for a week or so but they are working perfectly now. I think they were just taking the piss out of me.

However, still no Sat-Nav speed-camera warnings though,.. and Ive gone through every setting,at least I think I have!

If the 2016 SatNav has the speed-camera feature enabled it seems a little odd that its missing from the 2017 SatNav version. I'll speak to the dealer.

On to the next little niggle,the passenger side section of my 60:40 folding rears seats has decided to withdraw its co-operation.;it wont budge!

5. Likes Duggy Park liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is an option for speed camera warning in the navigation settings, mine gives an audible warning for cameras.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jaguar XF 2.0 Manual Sapphire Blue.

7. Thanks Max Tout thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The InControl Touch SatNav does not have speed camera warnings and there is no way to add it. There has been plenty posted here and elsewhere about how poor the system is and how out of date the maps are. InControl Touch Pro is a completely different system - some have said from a completely different source - and there it might be possible to get speed camera warnings. I have the former, so cannot confirm it but sounds like Chrisspencer has ICTP.
    XF X260 in Switzerland

9. Thanks Max Tout thanked for this post
    Likes Max Tout liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes ICTPro
    Jaguar XF 2.0 Manual Sapphire Blue.

11. Thanks Max Tout thanked for this post
    Likes Duggy Park liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Operating instructions are here:
    http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/docu.../proc/G1799044
    Not sure if any of these conditions apply. Seems if you bring them in before switching the engine off then they stay in to help entry and exit from garages.

13. Thanks Max Tout thanked for this post
    Likes V6 JDT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^ exactly right, I do this on the ferry and they stay in until I unfurl them.
    2017 XF-S 3.0D
    ex 2010 XK 5.0 Portfolio in Claret
    ex 2008 XK-R 4.2 in Pearl Grey
    ex 2004 XKR 4.2 in Midnight