Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wear on drivers seat piping.

Post Thanks / Like
    My seat covers were inspected yesterday and replacements ordered. It appears that when this problem became apparent they changed the stitching design around the piping on the backrest and the replacements I had were of the original design.

Guy Salmon had the photos from March and now and are convinced that the new design should be a permanent cure. I have to say they have been very supportive on this problem.

Seats for most brands are made by a subcontractor called Lear who are international so it is not solely a Jaguar problem although they will,of course, have to take the flak.
    PETER DAVIES, 2016 XF 2.0 diesel Portfolio. 1967 Mark2 (240.)

Post Thanks / Like
    The saga continues!
    True to their promise Guy Salmon ordered up new seat covers, but only for the backs not thesquabs. I wasn’t bothered about that as there has never been any problem with the squabs.
    Last week I took my car in and was given an E pace manual R dynamic as a loan car. Funnily enough I liked this version far better than the automatic they lent me when I had the XF serviced. Still wouldn’t consider one until they are made in the U.K. though.
    Sorry, back to the seats. New covers fitted andthecar valeted in 24 hours. Looking at the new covers and comparing with the photos of my old ones the design doesn’t look any different. The piping is still proud and I can see me having the same problem again in six months. Time will tell.
    I have made it clear that if this is the case I shall expect them replaced again under the warranty. Car will be three years old in December so I’m expecting that in the spring of 2020, if the problem continues Jaguar will be reluctant to continue changing the seat covers.
    Whilst I was at Guy Salmon Coventry I had a look at one or two other cars with the same upholstery and they all had the prominent piping with single stitching although I had been told that the solution was a modification to include double stitching and no raised piping.
    In nearly thirty years of Jaguar ownership this is the only significant problem I have had and I am convinced there has been a significant drop in the quality of materials used on the interior even in the Portfolio models which are supposed to be the luxury level.
    I shall be keeping a careful eye on the performance of these, my third set of seat covers in 12000 miles. Counting the originals of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you are lucky. I wrote to the MD as well as JLR and got no further response. I had the seats professionally repaired at a cost to me of £240 and I have to say what a great job they are now perfect and to date they seem to be holding up well. It took the chap 5 hours to do and he did it on the drive special fillers for the piping and a perfect match with the colour you wouldn’t know it had been done. Guess who the local JLR dealers use if they have an issue with leather on cars traded into them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was exactly the same, took it to the dealers before Christmas and they sent pictures to Jaguar. Jaguar have agreed to replace the leather on both front seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    In fairness, Jaguar have not argued at all about changing the covers. Just hope these last longer. Hope the new XF Portfolio has a different design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happening to my Dec 17 too. Portfolio Oyster. Just a small, maybe 5mm long section but it’s there.

On holiday at moment will be seeing what dealer says when I’m back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly the quality once associated with Jaguar Cars seems to have evaporated in recent times. Cost cutting with suppliers seems to be the root cause so the customer ends up with substandard leather on seat frames, rusty brake discs, rusty suspension parts( F Type), balance shaft and other issues on the ingenium engine requiring repair or replacement. No wonder warranty claims from JLR dealers are currently running at record numbers each week worldwide so how long can Tata stand this?
    Last edited by Hydrajaws; 07-02-19 at 16:45.
    2 rejected F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am waiting for a response on my 3rd warranty replacement seat covers... changed in Nov 2018 and it was back to the dealers 1st week in Jan 2019... I can go on as long as it takes to get this farce sorted!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jaguar XF 2.0 Manual Sapphire Blue.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345