Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Wear on drivers seat piping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peter. When were your last set fitted? Im sure Iíve read somewhere that they have changed the design to remove the protruding seam but canít remember where or when.

Iíve done 16500 miles in 18 months or so; the original driverís seat has a small section, maybe 1cm long thatís worn away.

Post Thanks / Like
    My current set were fitted in January 19 but although I’d been told the design was different they look the same to me. This set has probably only done 3000 miles in six months. In general covers have been replaced every 3-4000 miles.
    I’ve had Jaguars for twenty years and never had this sort of problem. Not impressed!
    PETER DAVIES, 2016 XF 2.0 diesel Portfolio. 1967 Mark2 (240.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrajaws View Post
    I reported exactly the same problem yesterday by photographing the worn piping and scratched Oyster drivers seat leather on my 13 month old XF Sportbrake . Dealer had no hesitation in telling me that this problem is a recall and they have ordered 2 new complete front seats. They are on back order so I am hoping that they arrive before JLR goes into receivership which is bound to happen before too long as Tata cannot stand the enormous losses currently being filed.
    I was aware that Jaguar had a TSB on this issue but not a recall. Is this true or are you using that word incorrectly? Iím in the US and a recall is a legal process started by the United States Department of Transportation to force automobile manufacturers to address design and safety issues brought to their attention by numerous consumer complaints.The process gives the manufacturer a specified timeframe to determine a design change or fix and to repair the affected customer cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PScott543 View Post
    My car was in a few weeks ago for the emissions related software update and I mentioned the small area of wear on the piping.

The guys I mentioned it to seemed to brush it off as maybe damaged by me or something. I wasnít too concerned but I wanted it on record in case it got worse.

They called me this morning to say ďthe covers are in, can we book an appointment to fit?Ē

Iím quite impressed.

Anyone know if the replacement covers are better or different to the originals?
    Famous last words. I took the car in and left it yesterday, supposed to be back last night. Then today. Just called them, they're aiming for 1/1.30 tomorrow. 2.5 days to change seat covers.

I wish I hadn't bothered.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678