Thread: 2011 XF 3.0S Fault codes

Post Thanks / Like

2011 XF 3.0S Fault codes

Hi all,
    I have a few issues with the car recently, the most recent was the alternator going and costing me nigh on a grand to fix 😭

Anyway after I picked the car up it has gone in to restricted performance mode a number of times ( 3 times in one day on the M25 is my new record ). I got myself an OBD scanner icarsoft LRII and have just given it a scan. It has thrown up 3 codes,

P242B Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor - circuit range ( Bank 1, sensor 3 ).

P2459 Dpf regen frequency

And last but not least

P00BF Mass or volume airflow B circuit range / perfornance Air flow too high.

Can anyone tell me anything about these codes?. Obviously with the bank 1 sensor 3 codes, which sensor would I need to buy in order to change it.

One thing I did note the other day was one of the exhaust back boxes moved, well twisted when I was polishing it, obviously loose..would this cause the car to go into restricted performance.

Many thanks

Neil
    2011 Jaguar XFS 3.0 Obsidian Black

Post Thanks / Like
    The back boxes dont just work loose. Maybe it's had a knock while parked and there is other damage further up the exhaust system? Or whoever fitted the alternator has not put things back properly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure it hasn't had a knock. When I picked it up 10 months ago it had a slight exhaust rattle on the offside back box. Thinking that they might have loosened the near side at same time but didn't tighten it properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't see why the back boxes would change anything i had the 2 rears changed to much smaller ones and no codes the back box servers no purpose other that damping down the sound all the DPF regen work is done before it hits the back box so not sure whats going on there, obviously they should be tight but if they are loose it would make no difference apart from perhaps a rattle.
    When I die I want to go like my Granddad, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming like the people on the back seat.

XF V6 3L Diesel Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    The P00BF code is one I just dealt with last week and puts the car in to Restricted Performance. It's a miss balance between the intake manifold pressures I think. Can be one of two things.

There is a known weakness in the plastic of the manifolds which can lead to one splitting along one of the joints. That's the expensive version.
    I was lucky this time and it was the other known cause of the pressure difference. This is where Jaguar set the wrong (low) torque on the bolts attaching the intake manifold and they can work themselves loose allowing air to leak. That involves just reseating the gasket if not damaged and tightening the bolts.
    2011 XF S Portfolio Black on Black