Thread: Digital multimeter

Post Thanks / Like

Digital multimeter

Lidl are currently selling this full size DMM for under £10. Just had to buy one. Grab this bargain whilst you can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B07C9BC7-AE4D-4BB6-B2BF-23A2D885F70F.jpg  
    The single biggest problem, in communication, is the illusion that it has actually taken place. (George Bernard Shaw)

2. Thanks reddiesel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one last year, good buy
    XF MY15.5 3.0d S Portfolio Stratus Grey with Ivory interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Needed to measure both current and voltage at the same time but I only had one multimeter so I looked on Ebay and saw this:-
    eBay item number:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

They are from China and not being in too much of a hurry I decided to risk £3.32 on one. Then I thought 'At that price I'll buy two just in case one doesn't work'. In a little over two weeks they arrived and all they needed was a 9v battery. They also check transistors and diodes and come with a thermocouple that will measure temperature up to 1000 deg.C. I checked these two meters against my old Maplin one and agreement was very close between them all. I also checked the thermocouple against a one tenth deg.C mercury thermometer that I have in some accurate melting point apparatus that can be made to slowly increase temperature at better than one deg.C per minute. Both meters would flash back and forth to the next degree displayed when the mercury thermometer was reading just 0.2deg in one case and 0.3deg with the other meter below the temperature indicated on the meters.

Yet another good buy.
    Harry
    2003 X Type 2.0D SE. Jaguar racing green. Champagne/Mocha interior. Getting old but still a serious contender that turns heads with that distinctive Jaguar styling.