Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first love lol

Post Thanks / Like

My first love lol

I've been fiddling with cars for as long as i can remember my first "mild restoration" was a 1997 Mercedes E230 W210 elegance.

I use to have hundreds of pictures of it.

These are the only two i have left for some reason.

This picture was taken 2days before she was sold..

Another thing i found out was the Number plate was worth more than the ****** car!!

Oh well we all make mistakes.

No she wasn't supercharged the Kompresser badge was a bit of fun!!
    2.3 litre 4cyl 195hp
    5spd 722.6 auto
    leather seats all manual!!
    heated seats
    0-60 8.9 seconds.

I fixed a lingering electrical fault with the gearbox, it basically wouldn't shift above 3rd.

both front wings were replaced and repainted

brakes were refurb'd

etc etc
    Last edited by Henry_B; 25-02-18 at 16:45.
    if you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

If your in trouble, he will save the day
    he's brave and fearless, come what may
    without him the forum wouldn't have pictures of 1/2 naked women everwhere
    well who's this guy? i hear you ask
    there's only one to do the job
    he's the one and only "Henry_B"

Jaguar S type 3.0 SE + Range Rover 4.6 + 2002 Mini One.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any pics of the interior, however this interior is identical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Such a shame i still miss it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whilst not being my first love, in car terms... it was the first car I really loved...

Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec import 1996. Sold him on last March after picking up the X in Feb. Owned from 2000-2017.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prelude-2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	26341

Name:	prelude-3.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	443.6 KB 
ID:	26342
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 76K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android upgrade, parking sensors and front/rear cameras.

5. Likes Henry_B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    Whilst not being my first love, in car terms... it was the first car I really loved...

Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec import 1996. Sold him on last March after picking up the X in Feb. Owned from 2000-2017.

Name:	prelude-2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	26341

Name:	prelude-3.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	443.6 KB 
ID:	26342

Lovely looking car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry_B View Post
    Lovely looking car!!
    Cheers mate... still going strong up in the Glasgow area, although it might be a different colour. The lad that bought it last year was going to do a full respray and god knows what. And it just passed its mot again... so it lives to see 22 years on the road.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 76K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android upgrade, parking sensors and front/rear cameras.

8. Likes Henry_B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    judging by the parking it may have had 4 wheel steering. Lovely Cars Honda and they suffered a terrible reputation for being reliable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandhisjags View Post
    judging by the parking it may have had 4 wheel steering. Lovely Cars Honda and they suffered a terrible reputation for being reliable.
    Alas mine didn't have 4WS. It did have the gorgeous H22A (Japan markets only) engine though and the growl from the vtec when it kicked it was something else. A lot of power from a 2.2L engine back then.

Reason for the parking was... I'd had it valeted, and a work mate had his done at the same time (a Rover Coupe) and we we're snapping a few pics of our cars sort of side by side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never owned a Honda I came close a few times with the S2000 and way back the NSX which is worth a lot more now than it was then mores the pity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandhisjags View Post
    Never owned a Honda I came close a few times with the S2000 and way back the NSX which is worth a lot more now than it was then mores the pity.
    I actually had 2 Preludes... I wrote the first one off, a bog-standard 2L UK spec, after about 18 months ownership and then went straight out and bought the imported black beauty 3 and a bit years old, fresh to the UK. That was in January 2000. Finally waved goodbye to him in March last year. 21 years old and moving on to a very excited 'Lude freak! He drove down from Glasgow in the evening, took one look and handed over the cash. He checked it over a bit more but drove away a very happy bunny. Checked last week and it passed the MOT with no advisories. Yep, that's Honda.

I did fancy having an S2000 at one point, but didnt have a good enough reason to change the Prelude. And yes, I had dreams about owning an NSX at one point, probably also drooled over the brochures as well.

Only real problem I had with the Prelude (the import model) was it was so low. In Japan, it was spec'd with the H22A 230bhp engine (which wasn't available outside of Japan) but it was also equipped with lowered suspension as standard. Made speed bumps a nightmare! Several places were no go areas just because of the speed bumps!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast