Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1285

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say Jim I’m surprised at the swirling on your paintwork so soon after having it detailed or did the detailer just fill them in with poor Boys?

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    The car looks wonderful in those last pictures Jim. I'll be sure to check out your handiwork in May; I have a feeling I'll be dead jealous of the finish you've achieved.
    Thanks Chris, not perfect by any means but a heck of a lot better, looking forward to catching up in May, should be a good day

Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    I'll have you know that I've taken your comments to heart, and I am currently swanning about Bronté country to put a few miles on my car so you stop whingeing about it!
    Lol much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    I have to say Jim I’m surprised at the swirling on your paintwork so soon after having it detailed or did the detailer just fill them in with poor Boys?
    Don't know whether to be surprised or not . It's been a year and my job does not help ( travelling in / out of quarries - not what she was designed for )
    It just goes to show that and a combination of less than **** wash techniques over a year can seriously influence the finish on paint

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mac you were about right on earlier comments, getting the waxing done today took me a little over 2 1/2 hours for one coat, so yes 2 coats would've been around 4 hours, 1 coat will suffice for now lol

It wasn't quite so sunny today which was probably quite helpful as it's not ideal for waxing a car anyway, clouds overhead and rain threatened but never came thankfully

I started by masking off the window trim rubbers etc, there's nothing worse than wax all over them ( not a good look ) and a bugger to remove. The Chemical guys BLACK wax is not a paste wax, it's consistency more like Nutella so easy on and fairly easy off

All done afterwards and she looked good, here's hoping for some longevity, I may top it up again in a few weeks time once the memory wears off how long it took lol.

At the end of the day it's been around 13 hours and pretty good, although not perfect.

It's really easy to see how these pro detailers ask the amounts they ask as they can be 20- 30 hours easy to do what they do

Anyway here she is.....

Hubs and calipers next to be refreshed, wheel arches and inside of mudflaps cleaned and mesh grille a going over too

Jim

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Thanks s collins thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, Ashanti, C16RKC, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work there Jim, the car looks better than when it first came out of the showroom.

PS. I'm a fan of your rear end lol. It shows up well in the photos.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely job brother, spick, span and dandy

Back at the car park again I see, business must be brisk

The Big 351 certainly does look pimp.

Shamed me, I've done bugger all to anything today, still suffering after yesterdays efforts, plus it was too damned cold.
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

10. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, #steve, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I'm not the only one admiring Jim's rear, it's that shiny pipe that does it for me!

The car is gleaming and I am now even more enthusiastic about the upcoming bank holiday and the chance to spend time on the Daimler!

I'll not be compounding or waxing it (the paint will be too fresh) but I'll have a great time cleaning it all up!

You're a good influence Jim!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

12. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent reflections Jim and no evidence of the aforementioned damage to the rear. Did you manage to get it all out?
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

14. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC, #steve, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well remembered Jimbo, I'd forgotten about that.
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

16. Thanks Jimbov8, JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking as good as ever Jim, must be a pleasure to drive knowing it looks that good.
    XFR, XJ X351, XJR X350, S-Type 2.7D Sport, XJR X308, X-Type 2.5 Sport, XJ X300 Sport

18. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    Excellent work there Jim, the car looks better than when it first came out of the showroom.
    PS. I'm a fan of your rear end lol. It shows up well in the photos.
    Lol thanks Steve, appreciate the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    Lovely job brother, spick, span and dandy
    Back at the car park again I see, business must be brisk
    The Big 351 certainly does look pimp.
    Shamed me, I've done bugger all to anything today, still suffering after yesterdays efforts, plus it was too damned cold.
    Thanks Rich, yes back at "The" car park, it's where its at lol
    She's looking a 100% better and I'm well pleased, if not more than a little sore, with a few aches here n there, so I feel your pain
    Loved your last couple of write ups on "Ecu / water ingress" and wet sanding
    Take it easy ole timer

Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one admiring Jim's rear, it's that shiny pipe that does it for me!
    The car is gleaming and I am now even more enthusiastic about the upcoming bank holiday and the chance to spend time on the Daimler!

I'll not be compounding or waxing it (the paint will be too fresh) but I'll have a great time cleaning it all up!
    You're a good influence Jim!
    Thanks Chris, appreciate the kind words. I personally love those tail pipes, preferred to the earlier versions and one of the reasons I had to go for this model year
    She's certainly looking much improved for sure. After 13 hours you'd like to think so though right?

It's so easy to see how pro detailers can charge what they charge.
    As for being a good influence? That makes a nice change lol. Looking forward to seeing what's happening with the Daimler

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Excellent reflections Jim and no evidence of the aforementioned damage to the rear. Did you manage to get it all out?
    Thanks Jimbo, much appreciated
    Funny you should say that, I checked again yesterday after completing the car and it's much improved on where it was. I know where it is and can focus in on it, I wouldn't say invisible to everyone else but certainly quite difficult to spot

Quote Originally Posted by L80OUS View Post
    Looking as good as ever Jim, must be a pleasure to drive knowing it looks that good.
    Thanks L80ous
    Yes, I totally agree, there's so much enjoyment in driving a good looking car, a fast car, a high end car, but.....For me, all that just increases even more when it's a nice clean, freshly cared for example

Jim

20. Likes C16RKC, #steve, Jimbov8, L80OUS liked this post
Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast