Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,438 of 1438

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheel looks good brother, kerb worryingly good

I'll not pass comment on what you and Tress get up to

Judging by the list of what is going on, it's hardly surprising your directing arm is falling off.

Hard work pointing to all and sundry where to go and what to do.

See you tomorrow morning
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca
    Nextbase Duo Dashcam

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rich

Yes kerb worryingly good I suppose, the worrying thing is with these 20"s there isn't a lot of tyre and very little rim protection on the tyre, so always a challenge

I think I have RSI, part of getting older I guess

A couple of hours in on the car, another 3 or so should see her done, probably a quick wipe over in the morning before heading off, job done

See you there

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All done at last, as much as she's getting anyway.

Its spitting on and off here, so likely will be a wipe over before leaving potentially, another one at Killington Lake and then a final at the show

A safe journey to all, see you there...

Jim

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes Jimbov8, Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    To think I'm worried about getting my car dirty on the Trip from Kendal to the showground... Then I've just realised the journey your good self (and lots of others) are making.

I hope your agreement with Zeus god of of thunder holds out tomorrow morning, so you get a dry journey!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    To think I'm worried about getting my car dirty on the Trip from Kendal to the showground... Then I've just realised the journey your good self (and lots of others) are making.

I hope your agreement with Zeus god of of thunder holds out tomorrow morning, so you get a dry journey!
    Hey Chris, just saw this, by now you know I'm not there ( back issues after falling awkwardly yesterday )

The weather was half n half here yesterday, but the weather forecast said nice for today and similar at Kendal, which is true here, so presumably the same with you.

It's only around 2 hours for me so just a wee run down the motorway, listening to some good tunes, there in no time. I'm more than a little gutted in all honesty....

The car was cleaned yesterday, all fuelled up, refreshments bought for the journey all good to go.

It was a great car show last year, we had a top day out, plus it would've been good to see both old and new faces alike such as Ashanti, Jimbov8 with his new beast, you, Linsey and Aston ( not forgetting the Daimler ) Fast Eddie with his newly polished X358, MarkFY, S Collins, JohnandhisJags and more...
    Especially gutted to let Alec down, I know what these arrangements take in terms of time and effort

Hope you all have a cracking time, look forward to reading about it and seeing the pics at least

Jim

10. Thanks Ashanti thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get well soon, Jim.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

12. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Get well soon, Jim.
    Cheers Chris, easing off now thankfully

The funny thing is, I used to work with a guy who had "back problems" and was off here n there, always laying it on thick I thought, lazy bugger blah blah blah

Then around 15 years ago I had excruciating back pain, pills ,tablets etc, nothing worked and it was a chiropractor who helped me slowly get mobile again, had another fairly bad episode around 8 years ago, but not as bad, the chiropractor again did his thing.

A good one is worth his weight in gold I swear...….anyhow, getting back to normal (ish)

Car insurance sorted today, with SAGA for another year
    I'm still not convinced that £497.00 fully comp with Mrs C on the policy and £150 excess is great in all honesty, that's with 14 years NCD and no accidents / convictions, but is what it is as I've checked around

That's hopefully the last of the big money spent on the XJ for a while, the focus is now on the X type with front wheel bearings, drop links, gearbox / power steering and brake fluids change, closely followed by a full wheel refurb all round in the next week or two

Jim

14. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are on the mend Jim, in fairness I think back pain is possibly the worst there is. It can also make you feel crippled in a way nothing else can; so I do genuinely sympathise.

Someone had really awful back problems where I worked, and ended up having a lot of surgery. I swear he was actually a different person when it was going on, and only went back to himself when it was all over.
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144