Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1546

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodel View Post
    Yes I am and anyone who wants have a 'play' is welcome to do so.
    I would like to put my name down for a demo. Thanks.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As FastEddie says, the service interval is stupidly ridiculous, especially for a diesel.

So get the stamp (be it dealer or indy - I know what I'd choose), and then do 6k oil changes and proper servicing yourself
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

4. Thanks FastEddie, JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes FastEddie, #steve, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will add that mine is too old and too many miles to worry about getting any stamps.

Most car enthusiasts know that full dealer history is not a good thing, but also know that they can use it to beat down sellers who aren't so sharp . But as mine is worth 3 parts of sod all, and I can still prove history, including *exactly* what has been done and when, I don't care !

Plus, I will likely keep it until it stops.

6. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    I would like to put my name down for a demo. Thanks.
    Hi Steve - no problem, I'll be wearing a red carnation so you can recognise me . Just look out for a grumpy little Scotsman - that'll be me.

One thing the iCarsoft can do is to record any / all of the readings that you take which can subsequently be transferred to a text file. So we could try 'reading' your car and I could then email you the output. I've developed the habit of checking a few engine / transmission parameters each month just to monitor any trends and hopefully spot any potential problems before they arise. Example attached:

Code Reader Values Example.txt
    2014 XF 3.0D Portfolio / 2006 Kia Picanto 1.1LX

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's excellent, thank you very much.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

10. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good day / bad day today....

The good?
    As you know I've bought the oil / filters, vacuum pump, code reader and 32mm socket etc all ready good to go, then realise I need to have it serviced and stamped for the remaining 6 months warranty.

I've been a little nervy about putting too many miles on her as the level is way up, so made a quick call to Prestige Jaguar ( who of course are booked up for the next 10 days )
    Anyhow, Dougie and the guys there did me proud and squeezed me in today, so she's all done and a damn good price too, so can relax a little

The bad?
    A bit of a last minute faff with the Langley castle run / meet / menu etc, also had to arrange to take payment from everyone up front, but should be fine

Really bad?
    Scotland get a light pasting from Belguim 3-0

Really really bad??
    Mrs C started a new day shift job, part time in a Doctors surgery. There's obviously some low life Jaguar owner around missing wheel centre caps and who fancies the nice shiny red ones on our X type.
    2 have went missing over the last 5 days!!

Thieving scrotes better hope and pray I don't catch them at it

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

12. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    There's obviously some low life Jaguar owner around missing wheel centre caps and who fancies the nice shiny red ones on our X type.
    2 have went missing over the last 5 days!!

Thieving scrotes better hope and pray I don't catch them at it

Jim
    The 4 brand new ones I have in the garage are definitely bought, and not pinched. I just haven't got around to fitting them yet !

14. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, were the centre caps taken from outside the Doctors surgery or your house?

The reason I ask is I once had some valve caps taken and 2 young lads who lived on my road tried to sell them back to me for 20p each!
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

16. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duplicate post.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    The 4 brand new ones I have in the garage are definitely bought, and not pinched. I just haven't got around to fitting them yet !
    Lol
    Well that's 2 more than we've had go missing so far, plus it's a hell of a distance to come and nick them, I think I can rule you out Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    Jim, were the centre caps taken from outside the Doctors surgery or your house?
    The reason I ask is I once had some valve caps taken and 2 young lads who lived on my road tried to sell them back to me for 20p each!
    Definitely 100% outside the doctors surgery Steve, it's too coincidental to be anything else.
    I went missing last Tuesday ( just after she started the job ) the second was noticed yesterday afternoon after she just finished a shift there.

Some thieving **** is replacing theirs. I suppose I hope it's not for an X type or perhaps the bumpers or sill covers may be next
    Can't believe the brass neck of those guys coming back to you to sell you your own caps

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155 LastLast